The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

13 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The most important game of the season and we get more of Mr StMirren splashed over a national press release. 
The club are entirely justified in giving this guy a ban. Self interest and a huge ego at work here. 
This is such a bad look when everything else going on at the club has been very positive.

Surprised with your view Vince but we all have options. To ban a former director who has done a lot of good work will not end well in the boardroom . You don't go about throwing bans to die hards because you have thrown the dummy out. It's time for SMISA directors on the board stood down it's unacceptable to throw a ban around. 

My dog on hearing Alan Wardrop has gone to the papers again……..

On a more serious serious note it would seem somebody needs to both wind in their ego and engage some common 

sense with regard to going to the Press/Media as a 1st resort with Smisa or Club issues. Very poor decisions Imho.

AD03CA70-69D7-42DA-A32A-8401E328C0A6.jpeg

19 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Surprised with your view Vince but we all have options. To ban a former director who has done a lot of good work will not end well in the boardroom . You don't go about throwing bans to die hards because you have thrown the dummy out. It's time for SMISA directors on the board stood down it's unacceptable to throw a ban around. 

Being a die hard does not make you infallible or above criticism.

As for 'throwing the dummy out', please describe what 'If I'm not allowed into my 1877, no-one is' if not throwing the dummy.

Can Srain rip Kingsley today and can we keep their front 3 quiet?

Will we take some chances too?

Big big game and we have fallen in most of these this season (I mean the ones that could have taken us into higher positions in the top 6 like the recent Killie game)

Need to be on it from the get go and players not just giving their all, but most playing above their average.

Hoping Greive and Main get goals, but who would bet against O'Hara.

Need Gogic in midfield!

1 hour ago, Drooper said:

Mr St Mirren.?

That's toe-curling stuff.

He is becoming that jobbie (yes, that is how it is spelled) that just refuses to be flushed.

Totally agree.

Apart from it should be "jobby".:P

52 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I don’t know much about the Wardrope stuff other than what I’ve read on here.

I thought the ban on him was a bad move but the fact that he’s now attempting to stop 240 other fans getting to the game in revenge is out of order 

What a c**t 

How can he stop 240 fans getting to the game I'm a member he's not stopping  me.Have I missed something?.

7 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Wardrup? Me me me 

Those three subs today from 84 minutes FFS.  Why is he taking our best player Strain off? Flynn is a coach not a player, absolutely ridiculous challenge to make for the penalty. Whether it is or not doesn’t matter, he just shouldn’t be giving the ref a decision to make in that position. Strain doesn’t do that.

Experienced midfielder Kiltie being replaced by a young striker when we are ahead with five minutes to go? The only thing Lewis did was make a daft outside of the boot pass to give the ball away instead of running it into the corner.  Tanser another experienced player, hooked for a firebrand teenager. We didn’t need to make any of those subs, we did, and they’ve ended our season. 

Had a genuine shot at Europe. One point from three games against Killie, Hibs and Hearts and that’s it’s gone. Sair yin.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Those three subs today from 84 minutes FFS.  Why is he taking our best player Strain off? Flynn is a coach not a player, absolutely ridiculous challenge to make for the penalty. Whether it is or not doesn’t matter, he just shouldn’t be giving the ref a decision to make in that position. Strain doesn’t do that.

Experienced midfielder Kiltie being replaced by a young striker when we are ahead with five minutes to go? The only thing Lewis did was make a daft outside of the boot pass to give the ball away instead of running it into the corner.  Tanser another experienced player, hooked for a firebrand teenager. We didn’t need to make any of those subs, we did, and they’ve ended our season. 

Had a genuine shot at Europe. One point from three games against Killie, Hibs and Hearts and that’s it’s gone. Sair yin.

Strain had cramp so had to go off. Should have moved Fraser to full back and brought on big Dec.