The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, SS77 said:

The thread on bawarmy about the “Explosive Smisa application” made by a guy who is pals with the very same folk you’ve mentioned is embarrassing. No wonder folk are fed up with Smisa when these are the type of folk running the show now.

I haven't even bothered looking at B&W Army for years. It was, at that stage, full of bat shit conspiracy theories that had no grounding in reality and was clearly the home of likeminded individulas spouting their agenda at each other. 

Surprised it's still on the go TBH. Do any actual St Mirren fans still use B&W Army? I'd be shocked if there were many left - or certainly many who would admit it publicly.

3 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I haven't even bothered looking at B&W Army for years. It was, at that stage, full of bat shit conspiracy theories that had no grounding in reality and was clearly the home of likeminded individulas spouting their agenda at each other. 

Surprised it's still on the go TBH. Do any actual St Mirren fans still use B&W Army? I'd be shocked if there were many left - or certainly many who would admit it publicly.

No. I finally gave up when there were Covid arguments. I could see it all going down a rabbit hole. Is that what’s happened?

12 minutes ago, SS77 said:

BAWA should be a great place for everyone to go on and chat about St Mirren but most of the posters on there just spoil it for anyone who doesn’t agree with them

Too many super fans that think they are better than others.

4 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Chucked it years ago as too full of roasters.

5 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I go on for a look to see if there are any transfer rumours.

I used to post to call out incidences of complete fuckwittery, but I rarely bother doing so now TBH.

The Kibble conspiracy theorist zoomers only infest B&W army when their "Kibble bad" meltdowns spill over from their usual Facebook and Twitter platforms.

I'd imagine that's only they've been told to fuck off by everyone on Facebook and Twitter, and B &W Army is the only place that they haven't aired their obsessive "Kibble bad" dribblings.

I think previous posters have nailed it with their descriptions of the posters currently soiling their nappies regarding that buffoon Wardrop's piffle.

I also see SMISA are asking at the AGM to change the constitution to allow the Board to co-opt new members to the Board without ratification.

I've thought for a while now the whole set up was undemocratic - as shown by the lack of notice of the AGM to advise members they could submit resolutions - but its surely taking the piss if they think they can just invite their pals on without any scrutiny?

By the way, that's not a go at either the "kibble good" or "kibble bad" lot as I genuinely no longer know who's in charge.

5 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Too may of the SMISA candidates embellish, scaremonger or just downright lie solely as a campaign tactic. 

Sad state of affairs that so many SMISA members buy into this pish.

I think you can be in favour of fan ownership and still contribute to that without actually getting too involved in the political shenanigans. I've questioned my continued financial support but so far it's all been dick waving from let's face it the "usual suspects". SMISA ultimately delivered fan ownership and the road after that was never going to be without bumps but I suspect (hope) the vast majority of members think more my way and vote accordingly. It just seems bonkers to me that some who couldn't / wouldn't deliver fan ownership now seem to think they can just shimmy their way back into power on the back of blatant smear campaigns. What's their ulterior motive. To me it's the thought they can seize power without actually putting their hands back into their pockets. It's as if they perceive it as their "rightful position". You can see how that would be attractive to those with slightly megalomanic tendencies or over inflated egos. Ultimately members will decide their fate and until such times as the worst actually happens (I don't think it will come to that) I'm willing to stick with it.

8 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Ryan Flynn’s staying for another year, excellent news and he’s still good cover for a few positions.

It would appear that the extension had been triggered by Ryan Flynn (not St Mirren) judging by the wording on the club website. 

18 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Ryan Flynn’s staying for another year, excellent news and he’s still good cover for a few positions.

Been a great player for us, but we need to be careful using up squad places with folk getting by their best that could prevent us from taking younger and better assets.

Hope we don't hear Tait is staying next... again been great for us, but lacks speed and not the best going forwards.

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It would appear that the extension had been triggered by Ryan Flynn (not St Mirren) judging by the wording on the club website. 

If players aren't wanted at clubs then they generally get moved on. If Robinson wasn't happy with Flynn staying then I'm pretty sure he'd have been leaving.

6 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

If players aren't wanted at clubs then they generally get moved on. If Robinson wasn't happy with Flynn staying then I'm pretty sure he'd have been leaving.

robinson wants flynn for the long term and there’s a coaching job for him as soon as he gets his badges 

28 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

robinson wants flynn for the long term and there’s a coaching job for him as soon as he gets his badges 

Makes sense. He comes across as an intelligent guy and I imagine is very easy to work with.

At 34, Flynn is still not really that old, particularly if used as a utility player. There are a good few older players in the league whose clubs rely on to start most games: Power, Stevenson, Mulgrew, Considine...

(The original Iniesta is still going by the way at 38).

Ryan Flynn has been a stalwart for us in the 5 years we’ve had him. All the young players name check him as a positive influence and also as one of the most skilful footballers in the team. 
I for one am very happy to keep him involved in SMFC, even if his playing days are reducing.
I still think he’ll do a job on the pitch, but he’s a guy that we should hang on to for the future. He’s obviously got an eye on a coaching job. Who knows, he might he might even end up as our interim manager when Sir Stephen gets poached by one of the Uglies 🤪