The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Late to the discussion, so apologies if I’ve missed the answer to this question - if Kibble lodged a plan to build on St Mirren owned land, what was going to be built?

I’m not sure if they got as far as doing that, looks like they’d only put in an application for funding.

If there was a planning application it’ll be on the council website - away at the moment and only have the web on my phone or I’d have a look.

Edited by Stu

55 minutes ago, Stu said:

I’m not sure if they got as far as doing that, looks like they’d only put in an application for funding.

If there was a planning application it’ll be on the council website - away at the moment and only have the web on my phone or I’d have a look.

Wardrops wording is very ambiguous.....

"Kibble supported plans to build on St Mirren owned land"....

That's a million miles from Kibble planning to build on St Mirren land so whose plan did "they" support exactly  ?

Yet more grand shit stirring with a crafty wording.

As for applying for funding from Govt / Council schemes, we should be doing that AS A CLUB at every opportunity. 

4 hours ago, McG said:

Yeah that’s him, an absolute weapon and thick as mince, he was chased out the boardroom and rightly so.

Was he not on the board for 6 years according to his manifesto?

Whoever did the chasing needs to up their game.

Was he not brought on board by Gordon Scott?

1 hour ago, Stu said:

33 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Wardrops wording is very ambiguous.....

"Kibble supported plans to build on St Mirren owned land"....

That's a million miles from Kibble planning to build on St Mirren land so whose plan did "they" support exactly  ?

Yet more grand shit stirring with a crafty wording.

As for applying for funding from Govt / Council schemes, we should be doing that AS A CLUB at every opportunity. 

Again, everyone needs to excuse my possible mis-understanding of things, but ‘land owned by St Mirren’ - isn’t ‘St Mirren owned land’ the now-deflated airdome area, and, across the road from that, some land that was pretty near to St Mirren’s original stadium? What in the name of fcuk were Kibble interested in building there?

Is it just me, or is this whole thing somewhat bizarre?

Edited by pozbaird

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

A fair assessment.

He defends by the seat of his pants which is worrying to see but it's certainly something that can  be coached out of a young guy who is playing at a higher level than he has previously.

Wasn’t sure if you were discussing Dunne or Taylor until I got to “young guy”. 
The close season will see a lot of rebuilding if Robbo is to field his preferred 4-3-3. I see Taylor as a left-sided defensive squad player who will spend much more time on the bench than the pitch. 

28 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Wasn’t sure if you were discussing Dunne or Taylor until I got to “young guy”. 
The close season will see a lot of rebuilding if Robbo is to field his preferred 4-3-3. I see Taylor as a left-sided defensive squad player who will spend much more time on the bench than the pitch. 

I’ll probably be proved wrong but after the success of this season, I can’t see Robbo changing formations or tactics next season

12 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I’ll probably be proved wrong but after the success of this season, I can’t see Robbo changing formations or tactics next season

He's on record as saying that he prefers a 4-3-3 and that would be his long term aim.

Might be very much in the 'if it ain't broke' mould,  though.

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Again, everyone needs to excuse my possible mis-understanding of things, but ‘land owned by St Mirren’ - isn’t ‘St Mirren owned land’ the now-deflated airdome area, and, across the road from that, some land that was pretty near to St Mirren’s original stadium? What in the name of fcuk were Kibble interested in building there?

I think they will be one in the same in your interpretation. My point wasn't about land ownership it was the "Kibble supported plans" part that irked me. It's not a Kibble plan judging by that wording yet Wardrop appears to be wording it that way. I wonder whose plan it is.

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If its area that's on the other side of Ferguslie Park Avenue that's to be developed,  the parking around the dome would provide excellent ready made parking . 

Kibble I think operated a go carting business and used it to create job opportunities for young people .

I've always thought that Saints could run a five a side type business in that area . Wonder what the potential is to bring grants in to do that . And would that  be if financial benefit to St Mirren.  

On the basis of the information available (ie - lack thereof) in respect of the latest Kibble Bad story, it all seems a bit silly just now.

Almost as if a group of 1st year Media Studies students from the Tech were given an assignment to recreate Paisley's version of Succession. 

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I could be wrong, but I believe we own the wasteland across the road from the north stand on Ferguslie Park Avenue from where the road starts across from train station, up to the carpark  behind the west? That's quite a bit of land. Possibly this whole stretch?

I'm over SMISA.

It is a total laughing stock full of St Mirren da's who clearly have ulterior motives trying to enforce them under the pretense of being "a good Smurn man".

Stewart Gilmour got on the SMISA board by banging on about financial armageddon - not sure what he has done about that since getting on, but he has gone very quiet on the finances front, which is very sus.

At this stage, I'll chuck the planning drama into the same bracket as they all have the same MO.

SMISA needs fresh faces with good ideas. Not going back down the same route with the same faces who have previously been involved with the club looking to stir up drama.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

52 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I'm over SMISA.

It is a total laughing stock full of St Mirren da's who clearly have ulterior motives trying to enforce them under the pretense of being "a good Smurn man".

Stuart Gilmour got on the SMISA board by banging on about financial armageddon - not sure what he has done about that since getting on, but he has gone very quiet on the finances front, which is very sus.

At this stage, I'll chuck the planning drama into the same bracket as they all have the same MO.

SMISA needs fresh faces with good ideas. Not going back down the same route with the same faces who have previously been involved with the club looking to stir up drama.

The thread on bawarmy about the “Explosive Smisa application” made by a guy who is pals with the very same folk you’ve mentioned is embarrassing. No wonder folk are fed up with Smisa when these are the type of folk running the show now.