The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Still, looking at the team and subs, five bona-fide St Mirren legends in the squad. Has the feel of a squad in transition from shite 90s St Mirren to ‘the bubble didnae’ burst’ St Mirren.

Also looks like the Bournemouth line up had two guys in it who are doing not too bad at the management lark.

I'd actually say seven legends, if you work on the basis that anyone in the 99-00 team qualifies (which I would). That gives you Brown, Yards, Junior, Norrie, Nicholson, McGarry and McLaughlin.

OK, this could work out all right.

If we are still in touch with a couple of positive results against the Edinburgh sides, by the time we get around to the last three games, these could be dead rubbers for Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers.

It's actually worked out not bad but the Hibs game going first gives me the absolute fear and I'll be in Tenerife for it. :lol: 

Work on the basis that 50/51 points would be enough for 5th.

Edited by djchapsticks

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

OK, this could work out all right.

If we are still in touch with a couple of positive results against the Edinburgh sides, by the time we get around to the last three games, these could be dead rubbers for Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers.

It's actually worked out not bad but the Hibs game going first gives me the absolute fear and I'll be in Tenerife for it. :lol: 

Work on the basis that 50/51 points would be enough for 5th.

What does Elvis think? You are very optimistic but nothing wrong with that.

I fear that IF we were to lose the 1st two, then at Parkhead for them to unfurl the title, 6th could be all we might get.

Could we win the 1st 2 fixtures? Let's see if we can, but it depend on which Jekyll or Hyde performances for each of us.

Nonetheless we're quids in already, so hope we play like it's cup finals, without the fear factor.

34 minutes ago, medals said:

I fear that IF we were to lose the 1st two, then at Parkhead for them to unfurl the title, 6th could be all we might get.

If we lose the first two then it's 100% done in my opinion. 

I take a bit of comfort in the fact that most of our best performances this season have come against the bigger boys in the league so there's no real reason why that can't or won't continue.

Avoiding the OF on Coronation weekend has to be a positive as is missing flag day at Parkhead. 

Depending on the semi final results Rangers could be prepping for a Cup final appearance for the last game. 

The Hibs game was always a must win so to have it first gives us every chance. 

30 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm just not delusioninable 

And not very good at spelling. 

It clearly upsets you that St Mirren don’t win as many games and trophies as Celtic why don’t you go back to supporting them?

Most Saints fans accept that every other club in the top 6 have a significantly greater playing staff budget and larger support.

Should we just tell Robbo and his boys just to accept 6th now and just save the fans from spending any more time and money?

Edited by Molotov

1 hour ago, elvis said:

2 points against Hearts  and Rangers absolute pumpings  in the other 3

You get a hard time for being the site pessimist, but I know its so you are never disappointed and if things are better it pleases you.

I'm just pleased you think we can takes points in those 2 fixtures - I thought you'd say 5 hammerings.

Dream for me would be 9 or 10 points. Beating Hibs nearly essential. 

48 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Avoiding the OF on Coronation weekend has to be a positive as is missing flag day at Parkhead. 

Depending on the semi final results Rangers could be prepping for a Cup final appearance for the last game. 

The Hibs game was always a must win so to have it first gives us every chance. 

I don’t think we are, are we?

This will be their first home game after clinching the title.