The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

39 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

They're out of contract at the end of the season therefore, in order to receive any potential development fee, the club must offer a contract at least equal to their current terms.

I genuinely hope we're trying to make it work for Henderson. Especially if there's even the slightest chance of changing system/having a Plan B next season.

I just think he's a cracking player. If he wasn't ours, you'd be looking at what he's doing at Caley and wondering if he'd be worth a punt while expecting there'd be loads of competition for him.

Jacob Bedeau on St Mirren transfer radar as Stephen Robinson plots raid of former club Morecambe - Daily Record

St Mirren boss Stephen Robinson wants to line up a summer raid for Morecambe defender Jacob Bedeau.

The Buddies boss is already looking to strengthen his squad for next season and is keen to land the 23-year-old, after he took Bedeau from Burnley to the Shrimps last summer. Robinson wants to work with the central defender again in Scotland but the deal will all comes down if Morecambe would be willing to sell and if the player can be convinced to head for the Scottish Premiership.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Would suggest then that we are perhaps preparing for Charles Dunne not to extend his deal.

Seems to be the logical conclusion, sadly. I think we'll miss him when he's gone, despite what feels like quite a high card count.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Would suggest then that we are perhaps preparing for Charles Dunne not to extend his deal.

Yeah.

Im not looked into Bedeau for like a year, but unless somethings changed dramatically i doubt he'd be moving up here unless he'd been told he'd be first choice.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Seems to be the logical conclusion, sadly. I think we'll miss him when he's gone, despite what feels like quite a high card count.

Yeah, Dunne will be a bit of a miss. On paper though, we'd be replacing a 30 year old left sided centre half with one who is 7 years younger and plenty of experience at league one level so not a massive gamble in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

They're out of contract at the end of the season therefore, in order to receive any potential development fee, the club must offer a contract at least equal to their current terms.

Interestingly Robinson in a recent interview said 4 4 2 was his preferred formation but that set up did not suit his current squad.  Henderson recently said he did not want to leave saints that was very recently. 

Boring shite so in spoilers.

Spoiler

stm.thumb.png.f2b6345e1824bf76a4d964738c16af6a.png

Come up really high as "similar styles", rare to see players over 90% so far tbh.

Bedeau looks better though, and with the age difference to it seems like an easy upgrade to me.

Lewis Jamieson being offered a new deal is a little bit of a surprise.  Mostly used as a sub for Airdrieonians in League 1 and has had little game time for us since his loan ended. Given the choice, the manager had been putting Offord on as as a sub rather than Lewis. Assumed he would be freed at the end of this season.

Fair play to him: must be making an impression in training.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

15 hours ago, FTOF said:

Thought we were keeping these kind of things under wraps to prevent being gazumped?

So is it the players agent who is advertising his client?

Wouldn't he command a decent fee too? (when is he contracted till?)

1 hour ago, medals said:

He's also playing in a defence that has conceded 63 goals this season.

Don't tend to think that's an issue, tbh. Kenny McLean and John McGinn were at the heart of our midfield in one of our worst ever seasons. Magennis, Morgan, Hardie, Shankland, Sutton, McAllister were all in or around that awful Rae team in early 16/17.

Good players sometimes play in shite teams.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Don't tend to think that's an issue, tbh. Kenny McLean and John McGinn were at the heart of our midfield in one of our worst ever seasons. Magennis, Morgan, Hardie, Shankland, Sutton, McAllister were all in or around that awful Rae team in early 16/17.

Good players sometimes play in shite teams.

No doubt, but would be good to know from those who watched him every week though.

And yes,  losing goals can be from lack of midfield cover, poor goalkeeping etc too.