The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Elvis, given your posturing over this guy on BAWA and now on here, let me be the first to say:

He's no gonnae shag ye

I’m betting they are related.

The B&WA thickos being taken in by this guy is the least surprising thing I've ever seen. Most of those guys have made such c***s of themselves over the years that they now actively hate the club and want us to fail so they'll be proved right about some stupid comment they made 4 years ago.

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Elvis, given your posturing over this guy on BAWA and now on here, let me be the first to say:

He's no gonnae shag ye

What posturing I know the boy and he is most certainly not a Celtic fan .

17 minutes ago, GAD said:

The B&WA thickos being taken in by this guy is the least surprising thing I've ever seen. Most of those guys have made such c***s of themselves over the years that they now actively hate the club and want us to fail so they'll be proved right about some stupid comment they made 4 years ago.

Elvis and one other from what I’ve just read. Two guys. Seems everyone else has agreed with Div’s assessment of the path forward for Mr Dickson. If he is keen to invest and get involved in helping the club forward he will be welcomed. If he is looking at complete control then that’s never going to happen.
But disparaging for you to refer to those guys/gals and anyone else who posts there to be “thickos” & “cnuts”. Who actively hates the club? Elvis always predicts we will lose a game. It’s just his thing. You do have the ignore facility. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Elvis and one other from what I’ve just read. Two guys. Seems everyone else has agreed with Div’s assessment of the path forward for Mr Dickson. If he is keen to invest and get involved in helping the club forward he will be welcomed. If he is looking at complete control then that’s never going to happen.
But disparaging for you to refer to those guys/gals and anyone else who posts there to be “thickos” & “cnuts”. Who actively hates the club? Elvis always predicts we will lose a game. It’s just his thing. You do have the ignore facility. 

Sorry if the truth hurts.

The whole 'no-one from the club will talk to me' argument doesn't pass the sniff test.

Dickson is very much in the mould of being an online presence in terms of generating publicity and influencing others. I on the other hand am not, I have about 180 followers on twitter, two of whom are John Needham and Stewart Gilmour. Neither are difficult for ANY St. Mirren fan to get in touch with and I know if I had anything in terms of a proposal that would be of massive benefit to SMFC, a DM could be sent to either and either one of them would respond in kind or pass me in the direction of someone able to take and discuss my proposal further.

That's where the YT video really falls flat on it's face for me - the assertion by Dickson that he's meeting an iron curtain from the club whilst  both the current chairman and former chairman who is now a member of the SMISA board are both very accessible via social media.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The whole 'no-one from the club will talk to me' argument doesn't pass the sniff test.

Dickson is very much in the mould of being an online presence in terms of generating publicity and influencing others. I on the other hand am not, I have about 180 followers on twitter, two of whom are John Needham and Stewart Gilmour. Neither are difficult for ANY St. Mirren fan to get in touch with and I know if I had anything in terms of a proposal that would be of massive benefit to SMFC, a DM could be sent to either and either one of them would respond in kind or pass me in the direction of someone able to take and discuss my proposal further.

That's where the YT video really falls flat on it's face for me - the assertion by Dickson that he's meeting an iron curtain from the club whilst  both the current chairman and former chairman who is now a member of the SMISA board are both very accessible via social media.

Yeah, it's a technique straight outta the bullshit Facebook meme catalogue... "Facebook keeps taking this down, share it quickly..."

He's done what he set out to achieve: he's got people talking about him. I've often fantasised about investing into the club if my Euromillions numbers came up. I can't imagine I'd encounter a lot of resistance if I could prove I had the cash and was genuinely trying to help out.

John Needham 30 years working at the top end of the banking industry is not going to be taken in by this attention seeking fraudster, he’s done the right thing by publicly stating that he’ll give him the time of day, in order to show the club haven’t ignored his publicity seeking stunt. 
In reality the sooner the media stop giving him a platform to furnish his massive ego the better.

39 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, it's a technique straight outta the bullshit Facebook meme catalogue... "Facebook keeps taking this down, share it quickly..."

He's done what he set out to achieve: he's got people talking about him. I've often fantasised about investing into the club if my Euromillions numbers came up. I can't imagine I'd encounter a lot of resistance if I could prove I had the cash and was genuinely trying to help out.

For those wondering, I'd pay to fill in the corners and name one after my Grampa. The corners would contain flexible units for use by public/businesses/the club, and at least one would be a bar. I'd build a permanent replacement for the dome. I'd scope out a safe standing area in W7. 

Many years ago I had some roaster attempting to recruit me into what was effectively a pyramid scheme disguised as a business opportunity.

I don't know this guy Richard from Adam, but I had a long look at his website, and the content and tone of it is the absolute epitome of what I have described above.

28 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

For those wondering, I'd pay to fill in the corners and name one after my Grampa. The corners would contain flexible units for use by public/businesses/the club, and at least one would be a bar. I'd build a permanent replacement for the dome. I'd scope out a safe standing area in W7. 

I'd heavily invest in a monorail outside the stadium @Lyle Lanley