The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I'd love to say I'm surprised at the amount of fans who think a charity is part of a shady conspiracy to steal all the club's money, yet also think a Ponzi scheme running pound shop Andrew Tait is "worth having a chat with", but I'm really, really not.

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

I'd love to say I'm surprised at the amount of fans who think a charity is part of a shady conspiracy to steal all the club's money, yet also think a Ponzi scheme running pound shop Andrew Tait is "worth having a chat with", but I'm really, really not.

Has the charity behaved impeccably, pr have they done a few deals " under the table " .

8 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Perhaps there is use to come of all this publicity after all. We could use the SMiSA rainy day fund to fund courses for the club board through the Yes Academy to develop that millionaire mindset. The club’s cash flow will grow astronomically. 

I think you will find that members of the club board are already millionaires. 

On 23/03/2023 at 10:30, Stu said:

Anyone know who this chap is who wants to invest in the club? You can skip to about 4 minutes in for the interesting bit:

That is a great video. Never heard of the guy. but a nice story. 

Edited by Insaintee

Keanu Baccus started the game against Ecuador and subbed after 62 mins by Dundee born Alex Robertson. Australia were 2-1 ahead winn8ng 3-1. Ryan Strain wasn’t on the bench as rested due to arriving later than the rest of the squad.

Congratulations to Diarmuid O'Carroll getting the coaching job for N-ireland. I sit near the dugouts Robinson and O'Carroll often speak pointing things out on the park plain to see they work very well together. When we score I have seen O'Carroll run to the wee gate next to dugout leading to the main stand with his arms out , fists clasped clearly shouting yeeeees genuinely delighted.   

I don't know Mr  Dickson his video seems genuine to me time will tell . Some of you St Mirren supporters need to get a grip. Aye ok might be bull but you thick idiots don't know Idjets throw bullshit even though they don't know if it's  real or not. But that's St Mirren fans for you. He must be a dick as he has more money that me. Maybe not but seriously who gives a f**k. If he has it then all the better for us. If not then bull let's all laugh. 

If I had a gun pointed at my head and told 'Pick a St. Mirren supporter to be taken in by this and if you get it wrong, you get shot', I'd have picked you 100 times out of 100 Zingali. :lol:

Guy is a verified ponzi schemer FFS. That you think he 'seems genuine' is not an endorsement, one thing that ALL chancers have in common is that they appear genuine, or they wouldn't have much success in scamming, would they?

Never forget that Reg Brealey was also a multi millionaire.

SMISA, for all it's many faults, was set up to protect people like this from buying into SMFC willy nilly without going through the proper avenues and putting the club at risk. The additional benefit is that it also protects the club from a section of our supporters who believe every fucking conman who flashes their thigh at us.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

I don't know Mr  Dickson his video seems genuine to me time will tell . Some of you St Mirren supporters need to get a grip. Aye ok might be bull but you thick idiots don't know Idjets throw bullshit even though they don't know if it's  real or not. But that's St Mirren fans for you. He must be a dick as he has more money that me. Maybe not but seriously who gives a f**k. If he has it then all the better for us. If not then bull let's all laugh. 

Can someone kindly translate this for me please? 

It would appear the standards of spelling and grammar in the Scottish education system has gone downhill.

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Google his name. Look at the companies house appointments. Read the accounts.

Our Chairman has said that he’s not been contacted directly by him. Don’t buy into a video of utter tripe…any mug can make one of those. 

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Here mate. f**k up 

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

You really need to stop drinking methylated spirits before posting on here.

Richard Dickson is a con artist - nothing more, nothing less.

58 minutes ago, SS77 said:

You really need to stop drinking methylated spirits before posting on here.

Richard Dickson is a con artist - nothing more, nothing less.

If Captain Sensible & his 1 million aliases told us anything it was simply:

Don't trust some c**t with the surname Dickson.

TBF a surname that translates as son of boaby is a bit of a giveaway....

9 hours ago, Molotov said:

Can someone kindly translate this for me please? 

It would appear the standards of spelling and grammar in the Scottish education system has gone downhill.

Stream of consciousness - a style or technique of writing that tries to capture the natural flow of a character's extended thought process, often by incorporating sensory impressions, incomplete ideas, unusual syntax, and rough grammar.

I prefer to think of him as Saints' own James Joyce.

Edited by btb