The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Like many others I support fan ownership. And again like many others I am becoming increasingly concerned about what is happening with SMiSA. The number of Board and Chaiman changes has become unacceptable. We are being told about the changes but not the reasons behind it. If someone has the courage to take on a role then they should have the courage to say why they are stepping down. I get that people do not want to name individuals but a reason should be given why they no longer want to continue. The January statement to be more open and transparent has not materialised. If I don't get more information soon on what is really happening then I'll be transferring my monthly donation to the Charity Foundation. Tell the members what is going on.

29 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Bit of a petition going on in social media to bring back a historical Saints badge . Personally the current badge looks smart enough to me granted it's subjective to individuals. 

Who cares really? Current badge isn't as good but it isn't petition worthy. Not sure it'll get the 10,000 votes required..

I'd much more rather put my name to a petition asking for a full review into the workings of SMISA. 

19 hours ago, elvis said:

Yes Div.

A previous poster had a similar issue and this is how he resolved it;

Go into settings > 

General Management >

Samsung keyboard settings >

Suggest text corrections >

Turn off English writing assistant.

1 hour ago, Div said:

A previous poster had a similar issue and this is how he resolved it;

Go into settings > 

General Management >

Samsung keyboard settings >

Suggest text corrections >

Turn off English writing assistant.

Thanks Div think that's done the trick.

That SMISA email this morning is a shit stirring pigs arse of a statement. I really don't like where the current SMISA set up is heading and I am seriously considering my membership which I need to think about more fully as fan ownership is a model I am 100% behind but going by that statement today, that's not what I signed up for. There are clearly members on that board with an very thinly veiled agenda now.

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

Anyone know who this chap is who wants to invest in the club? You can skip to about 4 minutes in for the interesting bit:

Aye, comes up on my LinkedIn from time to time. Some lad that does property investment, etc and local.

Seems to quite like a bit of PR and talking about how much he’s worth. Someone who likes a look through Companies House will find out soon enough if that’s true or not…

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Aye, comes up on my LinkedIn from time to time. Some lad that does property investment, etc and local.

Seems to quite like a bit of PR and talking about how much he’s worth. Someone who likes a look through Companies House will find out soon enough if that’s true or not…

Doesn't make for great reading, to put it mildly. 

So, this chap who wants to run St.Mirren (who are you- you don’t even give us your name), why don’t you join SMISA- because that is the only way you will ever get a chance to do that. If you’re as good as you say you are, then I’m sure you’ll get voted onto the board and maybe even become chairman. St. Mirren are fan owned and there is no way we will ever give that up. 

I speak as a SMISA member, although not a particularly active member (due mainly to work commitments and not living near Paisley) and a season ticket holder.

If you want to invest in the club financially, I’m sure we can find a way for you to do this, but the days of individuals buying their way into the board are gone, unless you can get some of the smaller shareholders to sell you their shares.The whole point of St. Mirren becoming fan owned was to avoid this scenario.

Which gets me on to the issue of SMISA at present, I also got the email this morning- but it looks fairly reasonable to my eyes. I don’t know any of the past or present board, but in my experience all organisations will have some level of infighting. But the way to make sure nothing sinister is going on is to have as large a membership as possible, who can keep checks on what is happening and then use your vote to influence the direction of the board/ club.

It does dismay me to hear regularly of people giving up their membership because they don’t agree with this person or that person, because if we all did that then we would be back in the situation of only a handful of people running the club and surely that is exactly what fan ownership is meant to stop.

Anyway, sorry for the long post- but I don’t do it often, think of it as me just saving up all the smaller ones everyone else does 😉

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

It's true

19 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

So, this chap who wants to run St.Mirren (who are you- you don’t even give us your name), why don’t you join SMISA- because that is the only way you will ever get a chance to do that. If you’re as good as you say you are, then I’m sure you’ll get voted onto the board and maybe even become chairman. St. Mirren are fan owned and there is no way we will ever give that up. 

I speak as a SMISA member, although not a particularly active member (due mainly to work commitments and not living near Paisley) and a season ticket holder.

If you want to invest in the club financially, I’m sure we can find a way for you to do this, but the days of individuals buying their way into the board are gone, unless you can get some of the smaller shareholders to sell you their shares.The whole point of St. Mirren becoming fan owned was to avoid this scenario.

Which gets me on to the issue of SMISA at present, I also got the email this morning- but it looks fairly reasonable to my eyes. I don’t know any of the past or present board, but in my experience all organisations will have some level of infighting. But the way to make sure nothing sinister is going on is to have as large a membership as possible, who can keep checks on what is happening and then use your vote to influence the direction of the board/ club.

It does dismay me to hear regularly of people giving up their membership because they don’t agree with this person or that person, because if we all did that then we would be back in the situation of only a handful of people running the club and surely that is exactly what fan ownership is meant to stop.

Anyway, sorry for the long post- but I don’t do it often, think of it as me just saving up all the smaller ones everyone else does 😉

Sounds good. Like voting for who the Chairman should be?