The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Is there any consequence to a reduced membership to the club? I guess now the takeover is complete the money we are putting in each week is helpful to the club but not necessary for survival, is that the case? I guess I'm not alone in being pretty uncomfortable with these people having control over money I put in in good faith that it will be used for the benefit of St Mirren rather than the massage of a few egos.

Maybe I don't know the full story, but the way these guys seemed to bully their way onto the board, drive people out and let's be honest, spread lies and disinformation about the club, kibble and several individuals using anonymous social media accounts was pretty disgusting. If they at least seemed to be backing up some of the promises of better times then fair enough, but it's just got worse and to me it seems like these guys are now actually driving away the "normal" fans that they claimed to be championing against the old board.

4 hours ago, Drooper said:

I have just cancelled my membership. What an absolute shambles.

Like others, it is with considerable regret, but to remain a member in these circumstances is to condone and perpetuate the current set up, and I can't do that. Benefit of the doubt applied previously, but a thresholdhas been reached.

I reduced my monthly subscription last year, due to the previous shenanigans.

This latest development is just beyond what’s acceptable. 
Wtf is going on ?

On 19/03/2023 at 11:31, Marko van Haddock said:

The run in looks like we will fall short again and to be honest we don’t score enough goals to deserve top 6. Been an enjoyable year though, we look to be keeping the nucleus of the team and if we can just get someone who can bang in a few then next year could be a good one. Maybe Jonah would have been the answer, but sadly depth has let us down. We need to go for it now though, the Livi game a must win and just maybe results could swing in our favour.

Wouldn't be throwing in the towel quite yet.

We'll get nothing at Ibrox but we've two very winnable home games against Killie and Livingston and the away trip to Tynecastle shouldn't be daunting us, we should have got a point there last time out.

IF we beat Livingston in a fortnight I think we've still got a realistic chance of making it. Any other result in that one though and I think it's very unlikely.

Last 12 months for SMiSA has been a car crash.

The churn in the board has been incredible.

Don't really know much about the new interim chairman, but I do find it a bit strange that the members seem to have absolutely no say in who leads the organisation.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Anyone know what causes this to be so long when I'm posting also when I'm trying to reply to a post it turns blue so then unable to reply.

It's the website letting out a long, exasperated sigh every time you post.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Anyone know what causes this to be so long when I'm posting also when I'm trying to reply to a post it turns blue so then unable to reply.

Are you using a Samsung mobile by any chance?