The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

25 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We've GOT to stop getting so many men sent off. I can't remember ever having had so many red cards in a season before. Giving ourselves so much to do in so many games.

Our disciplinary record is the worst in the league after today.

I suppose it's part of our game plan to defend at all costs, but we need to rein it in.

Otherwise our last few games before the split are going to be affected by further suspensions.

Dunne's sending off also impacted on our goal difference, which could be crucial for any top six ambitions.

21 minutes ago, elvis said:

FTOF we were never going to get top six I'm just looking for our next win to guarantee we can't finish bottom two.

I'd say, "Don't talk shite", but I know that's a forlorn hope.

21 minutes ago, elvis said:

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I suppose it's part of our game plan to defend at all costs, but we need to rein it in.

Otherwise our last few games before the split are going to be affected by further suspensions.

Dunne's sending off also impacted on our goal difference, which could be crucial for any top six ambitions.

Will really miss Dunne for Tannadice too.

Frustrating. Hate the games against they 2. Especially when you play so well and get build up a bit of hope.

6900 odd at the game as well. Looked a bit emptier than some of the best attended games this season.

Huge police presence too, been a while since I seen them on horse back in the surrounding streets at the stadium.

6 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

United’s near-certain relegation should improve our chances of securing Watt on a permanent deal. Assuming the majority of their first team squad will have release clauses in their contracts, would any of them strengthen us?  Levitt maybe?

Lol.

There’s no chance Dylan Levitt is going to St Mirren 

31 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Frustrating. Hate the games against they 2. Especially when you play so well and get build up a bit of hope.

6900 odd at the game as well. Looked a bit emptier than some of the best attended games this season.

Huge police presence too, been a while since I seen them on horse back in the surrounding streets at the stadium.

Horse shit everywhere outside the West Stand.

The club should bill the filth for the cost of the cleanup.

4 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Before he was taken off I was really impressed with Small. He is slowly getting better as he adapts to the team. 

Neither Jota nor Maeda had the beating of him. Because of his size it's easy to forget how young he is. He looks to have all the attributes to be a really good player.

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Horse shit everywhere outside the West Stand.

The club should bill the filth for the cost of the cleanup.

Hopefully it masked the foetid smell coming from the North stand.

58 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Can't agree. That clown has let us down and has cost us points a few times this season with his stupidity. Needless red card today caused by his own cockiness and he ruined the day again for our fans.

If his absence at Tannadice means a starting place for Joe Shaunessy we will start stronger than we did today.

21 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Celtic will hammer us without a recognised central defender. Want a wee bet for charity  ? 

Bizarre behaviour. You want to strike a bet against a fellow Saints fan that we would get beat ? Oh and for what it's worth at 11v11 we were well capable of taking something from that game. Dunne sold us down the river, not Gogic or any of the rest of the defence you seem to have been slagging before a ball was kicked.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

So another 3 points wont guarantee we can't finish bottom 2.

There is more chance of you posting something remotely positive than there is of us finishing bottom 3. Serious question what do you get out of football and allegedly supporting Saints in particular. 

Today has zero bearing on top 6, Next two games will decide that. Hopefully you stick to type and predict defeats as thankfully the team is massively outperforming your shit predictions. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Can't agree. That clown has let us down and has cost us points a few times this season with his stupidity. Needless red card today caused by his own cockiness and he ruined the day again for our fans.

If his absence at Tannadice means a starting place for Joe Shaunessy we will start stronger than we did today.

I think we are a worse team without him. He does have brain fart moments, but as Robinson said on the radio, if he didn't make mistakes he would be playing at a higher level. 

I love big Joe, sadly I think the obvious replacement is Taylor who looks to have a few bomb scare moments in him as well 😂.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Yeah, maybe a couple of the double yellows, or even the odd challenge in midfeild, but stuff like today, or Erhahon v Killie or Fraser v Hearts are just idiotic rashness from guys who need to do better.