The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, GAD said:

It's kinda true tbf.

Actually have to agree about the throw-ins. I kept waiting for the referee or linesmen to have a word or penalise us. Never did. I reckon one time we were awarded a throw-in right in front of me in W3, and by the time Dunne actually threw it, he was in Ludovic Square in Johnstone.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Actually have to agree about the throw-ins. I kept waiting for the referee or linesmen to have a word or penalise us. Never did. I reckon one time we were awarded a throw-in right in front of me in W3, and by the time Dunne actually threw it, he was in Ludovic Square in Johnstone.

Yeah, we take ages over throw ins and steal at least 10-15 meters at each one and I'm fine with it.

5 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I really, really, really hope we’ve already chucked a new contract under Ryan Strain’s nose already.

Both he and Gallagher have been by far our 2 best signings.

Except for Olyusana, I think all of the signings made pre-season have been top notch.

Carson surely has to be one of our best signings.

Just now, GAD said:

Yeah, we take ages over throw ins and steal at least 10-15 meters at each one and I'm fine with it.

Think it was the Hibs game, where the ref was a real stickler for taking throw ins for both teams, exactly where the ball went out of play.

There was definitely an element of time-wasting yesterday but there's also the fact that any throw in within 30 yards of an opponent's goal is going to be launched into their box!

Have to wait for Gallagher or Shaughnessy to trot over from centre-half to take it. You also have players organising themselves in the box as they would a corner coming in.

33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I had to laugh late in the second half when Gallagher came up for the throw in. He was asking the ball boy to throw him the towel to dry the ball, the lad threw him a different ball, so Gallagher runs forward a good 10 yards to pick up the towel, then took the throw from there.

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

M.McKay:

"I spoke to the 4th official about the time wasting from the first 15 minutes, I have no problem with the tactic. They take their time with throw ins and the keeper moves the ball from side to side at goal kicks. They are slow with everything. It's about momentum as well because it just stops everything."

Malky always good for a laugh …….. there is nobody wastes more time than Laidlaw, every game against them be it level or they are in front he takes an enormous amount of time. GIRUY Malky….how do you like it 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

M.McKay:

"I spoke to the 4th official about the time wasting from the first 15 minutes, I have no problem with the tactic. They take their time with throw ins and the keeper moves the ball from side to side at goal kicks. They are slow with everything. It's about momentum as well because it just stops everything."

At least the ref added on 5 (extended to 9) minutes.  

At Dingwall last time, when 3-2 ahead, County’s time wasting was even more blatant.  

The ref added on 3 minutes, and blew for full time at 2m 55s with Saints on the edge of the County box. 

Don’t think Malky was complaining much that day.  

God bless RC, one of their fans on their thread said they have got to be “looking at points from fixtures like this” and was surprised I called him on it.
They are pish, our home form has been great yet they see a game away to us as at least a point 😂

23 minutes ago, Torfason said:

God bless RC, one of their fans on their thread said they have got to be “looking at points from fixtures like this” and was surprised I called him on it.
They are pish, our home form has been great yet they see a game away to us as at least a point 😂

FpUfbZ-XEAA7W5g.thumb.jpeg.94fcd60871a159ebea23ec6e7aabeb03.jpeg

Better away form and you'd be challenging for 3rd

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

FpUfbZ-XEAA7W5g.thumb.jpeg.94fcd60871a159ebea23ec6e7aabeb03.jpeg

Better away form and you'd be challenging for 3rd

I just posted similar on their thread, we are really poor away from home, mind you given your home form and our away form, next week should be a thriller 😛