The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

20 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Yea just checked. So what's the score ppv. Does it mean sky cover no league games then ppv can be used within UK & Ireland ? 

19 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Clubs can now broadcast up to 5 Home games on PPV per season. Been like that since Sept.

You're welcome.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

If that's real and not Photoshop, then super work from Declan!

It's not a photoshop, you can tell by the pen mark on the ridge of the cardboard where it wraps over itself, to the right of the D. Not that I thought you thought it was, always best to check first considering this is the Internet after all! ;)

As for Willie Miller, brilliant stuff. Not only does he look a crabbit auld b*****d, spitting out sour grapes, he's done wonders for the morale of our players too.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Curtis Main wow some goals last night. Great to see Baccus more like himself in fact great performance from the whole team. Passport in the waiting.  Not texts from my Aberdeen mates this morning  🙂

O'Hara stood out to me, Gogic also was excellent. One or two did a job but weren't that great (Tans for eg.), but boy did they all work their socks off - no one hides in SR's teams.

Glad Small got game time and provided Dec's assist, great Main scoring a brace, but other than Frasers error we rarely looked vulnerable.

3 points on Sat. Would keep us in dreamland.  Come on lads Europe is in our grasp.

Thoroughly enjoyed the performance from start to finish last night. Other than the totally needless penalty that we gave away it was a perfect performance from every single player including the subs.

How many times have we seen us fail to capitalise on numerical advantages over the years? It was brilliant to see us absolutely nail the game plan against the ten men, we absolutely battered them.

Fantastic to see both Dec and Maino getting goals up there but what I really liked was the reaction when VAR confirmed the third goal.

Every single player straight over to the bench to celebrate with the manager and the rest of the squad.

The togetherness on the pitch with this squad, the management and the supporters is like something I've not seen since the Millennium Champions team.

These good times typically don't last too long at clubs our size so drink it all in and enjoy it, because it is absolutely fucking glorious.

34 minutes ago, Div said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the performance from start to finish last night. Other than the totally needless penalty that we gave away it was a perfect performance from every single player including the subs.

How many times have we seen us fail to capitalise on numerical advantages over the years? It was brilliant to see us absolutely nail the game plan against the ten men, we absolutely battered them.

Fantastic to see both Dec and Maino getting goals up there but what I really liked was the reaction when VAR confirmed the third goal.

Every single player straight over to the bench to celebrate with the manager and the rest of the squad.

The togetherness on the pitch with this squad, the management and the supporters is like something I've not seen since the Millennium Champions team.

These good times typically don't last too long at clubs our size so drink it all in and enjoy it, because it is absolutely fucking glorious.

100% correct these good times don't come along to often so enjoy to the full  you have to go back to the good old days of the 80's to experience these sort of times.  If we beat Hibs on Saturday I'm going to party in the Wemyss Bay Station bar till the last ferry. Could we win on Saturday   ? 

It's going to be a big few weeks coming up! Hibs and County at home, Saintees and Well away in the league, Celtic away in the cup. Never want to write off Saints off these days, but I think beating Celtic at Parkhead in the cup is probably beyond us at this stage unless Celtic have a meltdown, we play well above ourselves and we get a friendly ref, but what an opportunity that run of league games is. In recent seasons that Feb run of "winnable" games has been our downfall as we haven't won them, hopefully this time is different. Honestly think we should be aiming for 8-10 points at a minimum, though all of Hibs, County and Saintees looking a bit better at the moment.

I really like watching this team as well. Nobody hides. they work hard and they seem ready to look after each other as well. Even the guys on the bench seem happy and motivated and that's a great credit to Robinson. There is just enough of a chip on the shoulder as well, few guys with something to prove and obviously relishing the chance to do so. Long may it continue!

The huge difference this season is Robinson. He has changed the mindset of the team and everyone would run through a brick wall for him. 

He knows how to get the best out of a player. I just love big Curtis. Something I never thought I would say. 

The togetherness is something we havent seen in years. 

I am enjoying it while it lasts.