The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

32 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I saw every minute (which admittedly weren't that many) Small played in League One in the first half of this season, and he didn't look strong enough at that level. But people in the know obviously think there's a good player in there (Spurs allegedly interested in him), so maybe he'll come good at St Mirren?

Just now, lennyzer0 said:

I saw every minute (which admittedly weren't that many) Small played in League One in the first half of this season, and he didn't look strong enough at that level. But people in the know obviously think there's a good player in there (Spurs allegedly interested in him), so maybe he'll come good at St Mirren?

He looks a unit of a player. What is his style of play

19 minutes ago, AW saint said:

He looks a unit of a player. What is his style of play

Difficult to say, given his lack of game time - he's 100% a unit, but even so, he struggled with the physical nature of League One. Though, to be fair, Vale did play him out position (in his 4-5 games, he played left back, left winger, right back - and centre forward!).

Decent with the ball at his feet, but the fact that Darrell Clarke preferred two or three other players at left back and left weing back before him suggests that he didn't think he was ready for the step up from U-23 football.

Given the stage that Lowry is in his development, the blue bigots probably wanted Lowry to be guaranteed more game time than we could give him.

He'd probably be, at best, fifth pick after Gogic, Baccus, O'Hara and Kiltie. 

He'll probably end up at a League 1/2 team in England or in our championship.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not one to glory in players getting injured but Nisbet has just gone off with a hamstring injury against County. I’ll take that ahead of Saturday. 

Rotten luck for the guy, I really feel for him and hope he's alright. Best not risk him for Saturday just to be sure.