The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Utd fan stating we have paid a £75k loan fee for Watt and are paying all his wages which seem to be about the same as we are paying Brophy. Surely not?

Think he's getting mixed up.

The loan includes an option to buy in the summer. That fee will probably be in region of £75k.

Hopefully he's as good as the last guy we bought on the cheap from Utd as they didn't need him - he's turned out no too bad and Utd have definitely strengthened his position. 

I wonder if Watt, if/when he signs, will fall over dramatically in the same fashion he has constantly done against us? And if so, will VAR punish him in the manner he should have been punished previously?

Got to say I am impressed with Small. Youngest every player to play in an Everton first team at 16. Left to join Southampton to increase his chances of first team football with Everton rejecting a £1.5m compensation fee. Made a start with Southampton in a Cup game last season. Plays for England U18s. The boy looks top drawer. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Edit to Add: Apparently Southampton had to pay £5m for Small! (from Football Insider).

Edited by NorthBank

To be honest Watt would be a great signing. If he screws the nut and plays as he can. Could be the difference between top 6 or not.

He left us under a cloud as he invariably does at all his clubs. But who cares if you get a fully motivated Watt for a short spell.

I would have taken him back at Fir Park because I am fickle and survival is more important than the past.

We will need to go for Lafferty now unless you get in their first 😉

9 minutes ago, welldaft said:

To be honest Watt would be a great signing. If he screws the nut and plays as he can. Could be the difference between top 6 or not.

He left us under a cloud as he invariably does at all his clubs. But who cares if you get a fully motivated Watt for a short spell.

I would have taken him back at Fir Park because I am fickle and survival is more important than the past.

We will need to go for Lafferty now unless you get in their first 😉

Naw, Lafferty has never played for 'Well.

You guys would be better coming to Paisley on a Saturday to watch your old team.

Edited by NorthBank