The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, medals said:

So where are the financial misery hunters today?  😃

To be fair we have brought in the guts of £400K - £500K today and we're bringing in 2 possibly 3 loan signings.

It's still going to be a fair investment as I imagine Watt will be on a tasty salary but getting Brophy off the books was massive and I guess the Cup bonus as well must have smoothed things out a fair bit.

I'm trying not to get too excited about Lowry until I see him signed!

57 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ah that makes a big sense - just as long as certain individuals aren't expecting our bank statement to show a big £300,000 deposit and kick-off this time next year when the accounts come out.

I am not convinced about Watt for various reasons, however we need a striker. Just hope he fits into the system as he is a very different player to Ayunga.

I'm happy with Watt in, Brophy out.

Tough one to call with Lowry. He's looked decent but there's been constant noise coming from pundits purely because he's worn an OF shirt.

Would I prefer him more than Watt? Depends on what Robinson wants; cover or experience.

Just now, Ric said:

Tough one to call with Lowry. He's looked decent but there's been constant noise coming from pundits purely because he's worn an OF shirt.

Would I prefer him more than Watt? Depends on what Robinson wants; cover or experience.

Both, evidently.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You’ve not been paying much attention to Scottish football mate, if you’ve never heard of Alex Lowry. 🤣

I do switch off from time to time to be fair. I blame my age. I could probably still tell you most scottish fitba teams and their squads from the 90s, but that was when I was still a VL. 

Hopefully it works out! 

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Watt is a striker. Lowry is a midfielder. Reckon Robinson wants cover for both positions.

2 minutes ago, Div said:

To be fair we have brought in the guts of £400K - £500K today and we're bringing in 2 possibly 3 loan signings.

It's still going to be a fair investment as I imagine Watt will be on a tasty salary but getting Brophy off the books was massive and I guess the Cup bonus as well must have smoothed things out a fair bit.

I don't see you as a financial misery hunter, just a fan who is keen we don't mishandle our finances.

I don't know but think the Watt v Brophy weekly wage which we are paying will be in a similar ball park.

If Lowry comes I expect 1 or 2 of the younger strikers to go back out.

Midfielder in would be great too.

3 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Both, evidently.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Watt is a striker. Lowry is a midfielder. Reckon Robinson wants cover for both positions.

I'd thought Lowry played more forward, but clearly not, and shows how much attention I pay to Rangers' games.

5 minutes ago, Div said:

Utd fan stating we have paid a £75k loan fee for Watt and are paying all his wages which seem to be about the same as we are paying Brophy. Surely not?