The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I don't think it was stated publicly, but I assumed the reason he turned down Celtic last summer (aside from general staunchness) was he'd been told he'd get more game time in the first team.

That was what I had thought too. Truth is though our midfield have shone all season and Reid was 3rd or 4th behind the likes of Kiltie, Gogic and Flynn when the normal 3 starters were taken off, suspended etc.

Anyhow hope both these lads do well for them and us in future.

3 minutes ago, medals said:

That was what I had thought too. Truth is though our midfield have shone all season and Reid was 3rd or 4th behind the likes of Kiltie, Gogic and Flynn when the normal 3 starters were taken off, suspended etc.

Dylan Reid to Celtic was definitely summer 2022. We had agreed a fee with them and he was going to go play for Celtic B in the Lowland League. Chose to stay here to play first team football instead.. 

Well if the boy Small was wanted by Spurs you have to assume he's decent!

And if Robbo thinks he can get a tune from Tony Watt like he did at Motherwell then that's good enough for me.

Being greedy but if we could sneak an Alex Lowry in there too I think it might be time to look out the passports 🙂

3 minutes ago, Div said:

Well if the boy Small was wanted by Spurs you have to assume he's decent!

And if Robbo thinks he can get a tune from Tony Watt like he did at Motherwell then that's good enough for me.

Being greedy but if we could sneak an Alex Lowry in there too I think it might be time to look out the passports 🙂

Well he did say 'we're losing two midfielders and a striker so I'd like to replace them' which makes you wonder if centre mid strengthening is still a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I sincerely hope so however some of us can remember Emmanuel Sonoupe.

A good point well made.

And Ellis Plummer and Adam Drury from Man City.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

If you go onto the Lincoln forums, apparently they have shifted (or are planning shifting) two players out, each of them reportedly £250k each. Now, obvs, those are forum stats (like ours) and rarely match with reality, but in terms of Lincoln it seems they are getting money in. Whether that money materialises, and whether Erhahon is swayed by it, we'll just need to wait and see.

With Wigan it seems like they are being linked with everyone, and if you believe the tabloids and social media, he's about to recruit an entirely new team. I think the Baccus rumour had something to it before Maloney was put in place, but for me that's waned somewhat now.

Ah that makes a big sense - just as long as certain individuals aren't expecting our bank statement to show a big £300,000 deposit and kick-off this time next year when the accounts come out.

I am not convinced about Watt for various reasons, however we need a striker. Just hope he fits into the system as he is a very different player to Ayunga.

Just now, McG said:

Hopefully Robinson can get Watt firing on all cylinders like he has done with Curtis Main.

Good signing.

Agreed. Robbo knows what he's getting, and so does Tony Watt.

It's fairly low risk for us but it could also be a jackpot signing if we can get him flying like he was when he left Motherwell to go to Tannadice.