The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Oh well, both go with my best wishes.

Also gives Robinson most of the day to bring in some bodies.

It'll be interesting to see how Reid develops, it could be the making of him or he could get swallowed up with so many other good players competing for places. I had hopes for him being a mainstay in our side for a few years, every time he played he looked the part. I hope he does well and who better for him to learn from than Patrick Viera (albeit he'll maybe not be training with the first team straight away).

Yeah, disappointed we never really got to see Reid in action. Hope he kicks on and doesn't end up swallowed up by the u23s system in England.

Erhahon is a decent player, who never really seemed to cement a starting place in our team recently, so not a bad amount to get for him. 

1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

I hate to admit it,  but I miss Lovestreet and his ridiculous transfer speculation. At least it brought a laugh on deadline day. Haven’t been on BAWA for years so don’t know if he still posts there?

Lovestreet used to brighten up the transfer window for me with his bubbling away patter

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I hate to admit it,  but I miss Lovestreet and his ridiculous transfer speculation. At least it brought a laugh on deadline day. Haven’t been on BAWA for years so don’t know if he still posts there?

Things are bubbling away……

I blame Goodwin for Reid's lack of progress into the first team.

He begged the boy to stay by dangling the carrot of first team football, then proceeded to bomb almost completely.

The boy is obviously talented and the best of luck to him.

Erhahon is a big blow. SR clearly got a reaction out of him, something Goodwin clearly failed at. Ethan has been outstanding - barring his ridicvulous red card at Rugby Park - in most games this season and will be hard to replace.

I like Gogic. He's solid and dependable. But can we stop comparing him to Erhahon? Yes, they occupy the same area on the pitch, but they are two totally different players. Gogic is a ball winner/spoiler type and Erhahon is much more of a deep lying playmaker.

For me, we need a stiker, a centre mid and a left back today.

Ethan must regard Lincoln as a stepping stone to get recognised down South, and get a big move from there. Kinda’ similar to the Virgil Van Dijks, Fraser Forsters, Kieran Tierneys, and Victor Wanyamas of this world. Go to a bit of a diddy feeder club, then get a proper move.

Best wishes to Erhahon and Reid. The two minutes I’ve seen of Reid were a good two minutes.

11 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I blame Goodwin for Reid's lack of progress into the first team.

He begged the boy to stay by dangling the carrot of first team football, then proceeded to bomb almost completely.

The boy is obviously talented and the best of luck to him.

Erhahon is a big blow. SR clearly got a reaction out of him, something Goodwin clearly failed at. Ethan has been outstanding - barring his ridicvulous red card at Rugby Park - in most games this season and will be hard to replace.

I like Gogic. He's solid and dependable. But can we stop comparing him to Erhahon? Yes, they occupy the same area on the pitch, but they are two totally different players. Gogic is a ball winner/spoiler type and Erhahon is much more of a deep lying playmaker.

For me, we need a stiker, a centre mid and a left back today.

Has JG and SR done the same thing with Reid?

Not trying to be controversial but some folk might think that.

There are various factors at play and the buck stops with results and it's most often the managers head that is on the block.

Kiltie has not featured that much and he's a good solid pro, that's how good we've been in midfield this season