The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, Silvio said:

If Ayunga is out for the season, I think a loan for Tony Watt is low risk. Robbo managed him previously and hopefully can get the best out of him.

A few of our fans heads would explode also, so that's a bonus. 

He's a good player at this level, always stood out for me in that Motherwell team and handy enough for United, not a great goalscorer though. 

The risks are he is a high earner, we have just punted one of them, and has a reputation of having a questionable attitude. He surely couldn't disrupt the dressing room in a short space of time, surely?

I think he'd fit in well to our team, energetic, gets under folks skin, leaves the boot in now and again, moans like fck at the officials. Bit of a shit houser but on the basis we got rid of Brophy because his wages were an issue, it's a no from me. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The Tony Watt story stinks of us chasing that Celtic lad Bayo relentlessly a few years ago and he fucked off to France at the last second and we ended up with Chabbi instead.

Who will be our Chabbi tomorrow?

Wonder what Chabbi is up to. Maybe he'll be our Chabbi.

For what it's worth, I don't think Baccus will go tomorrow. We don't need to sell him and there is no pressure to do so. Outside chance of a payment threshold being met, but as long as it's not a gentleman's agreement then I'm sure we're all quite happy.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The Tony Watt story stinks of us chasing that Celtic lad Bayo relentlessly a few years ago and he fucked off to France at the last second and we ended up with Chabbi instead.

Who will be our Chabbi tomorrow?

I was thinking that today.

We don't have a good record signing strikers in the January window.

Duckens Nazon was another who was underwhelming.

Rory Loy did a job, albeit in the championship.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Chabbi came dreadfully unfit and by time he came in and started looking like he might be handy, covid hit.

The January transfer window hasn't been all bad for us though. We signed Yoann Arquin remember. :lol:

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Paisley 'Drogba' puts Celtic on alert | Football | Sport | Express.co.uk

Bring him home!

The Imps have been linked with a permanent deal for St Mirren midfielder Ethan Erhahon.

Midfielder Erhahon is hot property in Scotland, having represented their Under 21 team, but he’s been the subject of intense speculation over the winter window. Oxford and Forest Green have both allegedly had bids lodged for the player, with a six-figure bid from the latter accepted. It seems the player may not have fancied the move as it hasn’t materialised, and now we’re at the head of the queue.

The Glasgow-born 21-year-old is out of contract this summer, and it’s believed St Mirren are hoping to cash in now, rather than risk getting a lower fee courtesy of the tribunal system later in the year. Jez George is reported to have visited St Mirren this weekend to watch the midfielder, with a bid seemingly having been prepped. Football League World have tweeted that a £300,000 deal has been agreed upon; my understanding is the actual figure is some way south of that.