The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Will either be Brophy or Olusanya. Have a feeling it will be Brophy.

Problem with Brophy is who takes on that wage. See Joe saying today that he’s no intention of going anywhere and I think same applies there, he’s on very good money so happy to sit tight.

Toyosi going out on loan would be a sensible move IMO, doesn’t look ready to play Premiership football.

2 minutes ago, Div said:

See Burnsy suggesting Brophy might be Ross County bound, presumably if they sell Jordan White to St.Johnstone? 🤷‍♂️

You'd wonder why they'd sell White in the first place. He's not a great top flight striker by any means but he does make a nuisance of himself and annoys defenders.

Uncle Roy would need to dig deep for Brophy's wage and that would suit us.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Uncle Roy would need to dig deep for Brophy's wage and that would suit us.

Most likely that St Mirren would still be responsible for part of his salary moving forward to make the deal happen as that would suit all parties.

1 minute ago, Kempes said:

I’m not convinced Brophy would be willing to relocate to Dingwall. I’m sure Paisley was said to be within a reasonable travelling distance for him.

Going by the rumours it’s either Dingwall or Australia.

Only one winner there if it was me 😂

Just now, djchapsticks said:

:lol: Fucking hell. Really?!

Callum Davidson is going to pull off his mask at some point and reveal he was Yogi Hughes all along.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Callum Davidson is going to pull off his mask at some point and reveal he was Yogi Hughes all along.

Most baffling transfer since that time we convinced a team to cough up actual money for Cammy McPherson even though he was already at that team on loan and out of contract at the end of the season.

I forget who that was, tbh.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Most baffling transfer since that time we convinced a team to cough up actual money for Cammy McPherson even though he was already at that team on loan and out of contract at the end of the season.

Think MacPherson is the 5th highest fee Davidsons spent so far, so theres that.

We cant sack him though because he won the double, and hes contracted until 2025.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

White to St. Johnstone on a free is not bad business for St. Johnstone and strengthens their squad whilst weakening County.

Paying over a hundred grand for him though is fucking wild! 

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

White to St. Johnstone on a free is not bad business for St. Johnstone and strengthens their squad whilst weakening County.

Paying over a hundred grand for him though is fucking wild! 

Hey, if it starts the chain of events that leads to getting Brophy off the wage bill, then I'm all for it.

For the record, I think he sits somewhere between success and failure. Certainly hasn't been a total flop, but just hasn't done anywhere near what any of us hoped. And Robinson has proven himself enough to me that I'm happy to trust his judgement here.

Edit: if Brophy is only going to be making occasional sub appearances, then I think we'd all prefer to see Offord in that position in the squad.

Edited by Coventry Saint

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Hey, if it starts the chain of events that leads to getting Brophy off the wage bill, then I'm all for it.

For the record, I think he sits somewhere between success and failure. Certainly hasn't been a total flop, but just hasn't done anywhere near what any of us hoped. And Robinson has proven himself enough to me that I'm happy to trust his judgement here.

We also know that Ross County will soon have £100k extra and a space on their wage bill so any notion of wage sharing should be punted into touch.

They owe us for taking that donkey off their hands and they signed Boyce.

Not that Brophy is a donkey. Our wage bill can't handle gorgeous Joe, Gogic, Brophy and Kiltie all on the bench for most of the season so far. Most would get a game for most teams below us in the league.

12 hours ago, SS77 said:

Going by the rumours it’s either Dingwall or Australia.

Only one winner there if it was me 😂

Heard there’s interest from Australia, but he’s not that keen on making the move. Pretty settled in the central belt.

I’d imagine Brophy will be getting hawked around hoping some club in desperate straits will take a punt on him.

Kilmarnock now looks unlikely but l wouldn’t be too surprised to see Motherwell having a sniff.

11 minutes ago, Div said:

I’d imagine Brophy will be getting hawked around hoping some club in desperate straits will take a punt on him.

Kilmarnock now looks unlikely but l wouldn’t be too surprised to see Motherwell having a sniff.

I would.

We've already signed Mandron as competition for Van Veen and that's Danzaki on his way in, presumably to replace Shields.

I don't really see space for Brophy in the squad tbh. At least not on the sort of wages he's supposedly on with St Mirren.