The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

52 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Brophy's a funny one. He's definitely good enough to play for St Mirren l, had it not been for injuries he'd have played (and scored) a fair amount more.

He looked good against Livingston, his introduction got us back in the game and he probably should've won it for us. He then starts against Kilmarnock, where I was expecting a good shift and hopefully a goal. That would've surely seen him keep his place in the team but Erhahon's red card ended that hope. Now it looks like he's been bombed out. 

If he's on a high wage and nobody will touch him, what's the point of him sitting on the bench?

He is by far our biggest goal threat, he must start and he'll at least contribute to things. 

Main and Ayunga has worked well for us, they cause havoc and suit the style but Brophy is the best striker we have.

5 hours ago, McG said:

Who really cares what SG wants ffs 😅

St Mirren are far better off with Kibble than without and we are also far better off without 

Your point is what ? I support Kibble I voted for them.  Gilmour wants their shareholding reduced I disagree with that. Might not agree with Gilmour on certain things but I respect the man who saved  our club for that I will always be grateful.  

10 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

I would be annoyed about Toyosi getting a game ahead of me, and I’m fat and in my 50’s. 
His inability to control a ball after several attempts led directly to the incident that Fraser was sent off for.
I can only assume bringing him on on Saturday was to send a message to Brophy, who is far from great but should not be our 4th/5th choice striker. 

Absolute nonsense. Give the lad a break. He has hardly had any game time. His first touch when he came on was poor but he was not responsible for losing the ball which led to the sending off. He was winning the ball when he was fouled. 

The slating of this lad is pathetic. As long as he pulls on our shirt he should be backed. 

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If he's on a high wage and nobody will touch him, what's the point of him sitting on the bench?

He is by far our biggest goal threat, he must start and he'll at least contribute to things. 

Main and Ayunga has worked well for us, they cause havoc and suit the style but Brophy is the best striker we have.

I would agree but it doesn't look like Robinson does. As we're having a good season I wouldn't criticise too many of Robinson's decisions. Maybe he feels that Brophy doesn't suit our system or maybe he thinks that the whole 'Wolf' patter and trying to create a trademark celebration for a player who is lucky to hit double figures is enough not to play him. I'd completely understand in that case.

I reckon there would be a few teams that would take Brophy. St Johnstone, Ross County, Kilmarnock, probably Livingston. Dundee as well. I can't imagine the salary he'd get offered at any of them would be much below what we're playing, plus he'd be more likely to get appearance fees.

I think it would depend on whether or not we want to let him go to another team in our league. 

I have a lot of sympathy with him, injuries have meant he's had a really stop/start time with us. He's a decent player and needs to be playing somewhere. 

On his day, Brophy is our most potent threat.  He continues to be unlucky with injuries, but it looks like Robinson prefers a tall strong presence up front that will earn their money running, harrassing and bullying the opposition. It's been working for him. 

I like Brophy. I don't know how much he's on, but from what I see on here from those ITK, it seems it's a lot. 

He has a lot to offer, just not to us. I wouldn't fancy playing anyone else in the league if he was leading their line. If (when) he goes, I hope it's down south or away from Scotland. 

Edited by Doctor Sanchez

8 hours ago, AW saint said:

Absolute nonsense. Give the lad a break. He has hardly had any game time. His first touch when he came on was poor but he was not responsible for losing the ball which led to the sending off. He was winning the ball when he was fouled. 

The slating of this lad is pathetic. As long as he pulls on our shirt he should be backed. 

He was crap on Saturday if you think anything other than that then you really need to take a look at yourself. 

All for giving guys a chance but he really did look so far out his depth it was unreal and it is absolutely undeniable if he had controlled the ball then Fraser stupid challenge wouldn’t have happened.  

7 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

He was crap on Saturday if you think anything other than that then you really need to take a look at yourself. 

All for giving guys a chance but he really did look so far out his depth it was unreal and it is absolutely undeniable if he had controlled the ball then Fraser stupid challenge wouldn’t have happened.  

The only person to blame for Fraser's challenge is Fraser.

8 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

You are still talking nonsense but hey its your opinion

What a difference Gogic has made to the midfield. The man is a machine. Covers every blade of grass all over the park; closes down and wins balls off the opposition more than any player I have watched. Pity it has taken this long to give him a starting place.

6 hours ago, NorthBank said:

What a difference Gogic has made to the midfield. The man is a machine. Covers every blade of grass all over the park; closes down and wins balls off the opposition more than any player I have watched. Pity it has taken this long to give him a starting place.

He’s made a huge difference mate, needs to stay in the team, Ethan is a better passer etc but Gogic gives you more with his energy and pressing, like you said he covers every blade of grass.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

For perspective, Dundee United are supposedly getting offers for a 16 year old without a first team start yet of £4 million.

If we accept an offer of £350k for Baccus, the entire board should resign.