The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Div said:

Have to think the other three will be Main, Dunne and Fraser (assuming Ethan is not included in this even though he will have been offered)?

We have to make an offer to EE otherwise he is free to leave, I'm sure it was Dundee (points finger and laughs) who made this mistake a few seasons ago but am willing to be corrected.

3 hours ago, Div said:

Have to think the other three will be Main, Dunne and Fraser (assuming Ethan is not included in this even though he will have been offered)?

That was my assumption as well. 

Would suggest that Shaughnessey, Tait and Flynn are to be released. Perhaps Henderson as well.

2 hours ago, btb said:

We have to make an offer to EE otherwise he is free to leave, I'm sure it was Dundee (points finger and laughs) who made this mistake a few seasons ago but am willing to be corrected.

In an interview a few weeks ago (9th December) he said that he hadn't received an offer.

'I haven't heard anything about a new deal'

Ethan Erhahon opens up on England ambition as St Mirren midfielder's future remains uncertain - Daily Record

Edited by FTOF

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

In an interview a few weeks ago (9th December) he said that he hadn't received an offer.

Ethan Erhahon opens up on England ambition as St Mirren midfielder's future remains uncertain - Daily Record

Our new Supreme Leader Keith Lasley seems to be extremely competent I'm sure it'll be taken care of, unless KL Is being held in a broom cupboard by Stewart Gilmour & sundry Kibblesters.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I mean, it only needs to be a token gesture. As long as he is offered at least the same terms as he is being paid on his current deal, he's free to reject that and it covers us for pulling in compensation. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I mean, it only needs to be a token gesture. As long as he is offered at least the same terms as he is being paid on his current deal, he's free to reject that and it covers us for pulling in compensation. 

Yeah, doing this might feel pointless, but every so often you'll randomly get chucked 5 figures for a player you were quite happy to punt for nothing 5 months later simply because another club, who have said player until hes free anyway, decide to rush in and offer him a PCA.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, doing this might feel pointless, but every so often you'll randomly get chucked 5 figures for a player you were quite happy to punt for nothing 5 months later simply because another club, who have said player until hes free anyway, decide to rush in and offer him a PCA.

How has he been for St Johnstone anyway? I always thought he was a pretty average player for St Mirren, not terrible, but just sort of there. I always imagined him dropping down to the championship and having a decent career there with teams chasing promotion. Felt like about his level.

5 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

That was my assumption as well. 

Would suggest that Shaughnessey, Tait and Flynn are to be released. Perhaps Henderson as well.

Had heard that Flynn would move onto the coaching staff at the end of the season, but not seen it mentioned anywhere.

13 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Would probably have preferred Brophy to start, with Greive coming on for the last half hour.

Seems a bit harsh on Brophy not to start not really his fault he was sacrificed last week after earning his opportunity.

18 minutes ago, thomas said:

Seems a bit harsh on Brophy not to start not really his fault he was sacrificed last week after earning his opportunity.

We don't know the thinking behind this and the return fixture may switch it around.

SR is doing a fab job; just hope we take the points today with a clean sheet, now that would be nice.

Edited by medals

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Seems about right. I think there probably was a player there once. Mobile, a bit of dig, some goal threat. But frail.

Yeah you can see why folk think theres potential, but i think he lacks something mentally and makes the wrong decision too much. He'll probably peak being a cracking playmaker in the lower leagues in his 30s if he doesnt improve soon, though.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah you can see why folk think theres potential, but i think he lacks something mentally and makes the wrong decision too much. He'll probably peak being a cracking playmaker in the lower leagues in his 30s if he doesnt improve soon, though.

On the other hand, see Paul Hartley