The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

It is only a matter of time till he goes

Yeah, he's been posting not-so-cryptic stuff on social again. He'll be off this window for sure. People will twist about the fee but I'd rather we got a decent sell-on for him as I believe he is better than League One level.

I also trust the management to replace him adequately. 

I like Erhahon, but I think his time is up, to be honest. We have cover, in fact we have cover for cover, and he clearly wants to go. Leaving it any longer will not benefit him, nor the club, imo.

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

I like Erhahon, but I think his time is up, to be honest. We have cover, in fact we have cover for cover, and he clearly wants to go. Leaving it any longer will not benefit him, nor the club, imo.

Plus, people wondering how we'll replace him... Yesterday showed we don't need to. In fact, we don't even need 11 players against the likes of Kilmarnock.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Plus, people wondering how we'll replace him... Yesterday showed we don't need to. In fact, we don't even need 11 players against the likes of Kilmarnock.

There’s nobody in the squad like Erhahon. I’m not overly devastated that he’s going but I still think we’ll need to recruit his type of style in the window to cover us. Gogic & Flynn just can’t do what Ethan does.

15 minutes ago, Billy_Gunn said:

There’s nobody in the squad like Erhahon. I’m not overly devastated that he’s going but I still think we’ll need to recruit his type of style in the window to cover us. Gogic & Flynn just can’t do what Ethan does.

Given that we've been linked with two young defensive midfielders from Leeds (McCalmont) and the green bigots (Robertson),I'm sure we'll have a similar player to come in if needs be.

32 minutes ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Not sure what you think Ethan brings that Gogic can't provide. Neither are in the team to do anything but break play up and let the likes of O'hara, Kiltie and Bacchus do the attacking work from midfield. 

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Not sure what you think Ethan brings that Gogic can't provide. Neither are in the team to do anything but break play up and let the likes of O'hara, Kiltie and Bacchus do the attacking work from midfield. 

Gogic isn’t anywhere near as good a ball player as Erhahon for a start. Being able to pass the ball properly is a decent attribute to have.

it’s Baccus btw.

8 hours ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Gogic isn’t anywhere near as good a ball player as Erhahon for a start. Being able to pass the ball properly is a decent attribute to have.

it’s Baccus btw.

Totally agreed, but I think that's one of Erhahon's weaknesses.  He absolutely can pick out a great pass, but at the moment anyway I don't think his body can always deliver what his head sees.

And as a result his passes often go astray or get intercepted.

I think with a bit more maturity his decision making on when it's right to try a killer pass with a killer level of difficulty/danger will improve.  It's already better than it was.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Totally agreed, but I think that's one of Erhahon's weaknesses.  He absolutely can pick out a great pass, but at the moment anyway I don't think his body can always deliver what his head sees.

And as a result his passes often go astray or get intercepted.

I think with a bit more maturity his decision making on when it's right to try a killer pass with a killer level of difficulty/danger will improve.  It's already better than it was.

You’re probably right there, but even with Ethan and his misplaced passes, he’s still better at distributing the ball than Gogic. Robinson wants his midfielders to be comfortable in possession and for me, Gogic isn’t. 

Flynn is probably more alike to Ethan in what I’m talking about but we can’t really rely on him for the rest of the season.

We absolutely need to replace Ethan’s style of play and by the looks of it, the manager is trying to do that. 

10 hours ago, Billy_Gunn said:

it’s Baccus btw.

That's something that Erhahon does not possess. He is constantly short with his passing and that aspect of his game hasn't improved during his time in the first team. 

18 hours ago, Billy_Gunn said:

What does Ethan do different? Gogic at Kilmarnock won battles, ran with the ball, made passes, not sure Erahon does anything more than that apart from offers the odd over hit set piece. 

2 minutes ago, AussieBud said:

What does Ethan do different? Gogic at Kilmarnock won battles, ran with the ball, made passes, not sure Erahon does anything more than that apart from offers the odd over hit set piece. 

Gogic also more likely to grab a couple of goals each season too.