The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Which is odd because the narrative behind JS leaving is reducing the wage bill... Surely this guy can't be on so much less that it'd make a meaningful dent on our outgoings.

I'd imagine Joe is one of the higher earners at the club being club captain.

I don't think the lad in question will be on nearly as much at Waterford, given his young age and fact that they aren't even in the top division in Ireland .

Don't know anything about the lad but jumping right out at me is the fact he picked up 3 red cards in 27 games last season.

Edited by djchapsticks

24 minutes ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Erhahon will be away. Gogic will be moving back into midfield, meaning we’ll need another CB for cover.

More thinking Joe away and it’s a direct replacement for him.

Ethan goes, Gogic steps in and hopefully means Reid gets a bit more game time.

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm convinced that Mark O'Hara is one of our best signings in many a year. He's just constantly an 8/10 almost every week.

If he was playing for Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs I'm certain he'd be getting spoken about for a Scotland call up.

Indeed.

He's been outstanding.

What an engine he's got. He's also got a bit of skill and knows where the goals are.

Could be a bit better at taking penalties though.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Getting to Xmas in 6th with two games in hand and within a point of third is a pretty amazing scenario for us.

The only dampener being that it's all very, very tight indeed.

Minor detail but we are joint 5th on goal difference with 2 games in hand over the fakes, but agree fully on O'Hara - great engine, scores and not really a weakness in his game.

Have a happy Christmas fellow buds.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm convinced that Mark O'Hara is one of our best signings in many a year. He's just constantly an 8/10 almost every week.

If he was playing for Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs I'm certain he'd be getting spoken about for a Scotland call up.

Totally agree. He's got a little bit of everything. That spell in the second half today when we were under the cosh, he took the ball and ran 30 odd yards with it, then won a throw in. Took the heat off us for a few minutes.

10 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Highest attendances at Greenhill Rd:

1. v Dundee Utd (2019) = 7732

2. v Kilmarnock (2009) = 7542

3. v Aberdeen (2022) = 7394

Surely all those OF fans couldn't have got it wrong... 

The % of stadium capacity occupied also makes for good reading: a better experience for everyone attending if the stadium is busier and increases the chance of new supporters returning.

I'm astounded that we've managed to grow our support in the middle of this cost of living crisis. What's happening on the park obviously helps but all the community work is really paying off.

Screenshot_20221225-081710_Chrome.thumb.jpg.23894258ae45c2bda2833f1063055c98.jpg

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The % of stadium capacity occupied also makes for good reading: a better experience for everyone attending if the stadium is busier and increases the chance of new supporters returning.

I'm astounded that we've managed to grow our support in the middle of this cost of living crisis. What's happening on the park obviously helps but all the community work is really paying off.

Screenshot_20221225-081710_Chrome.thumb.jpg.23894258ae45c2bda2833f1063055c98.jpg

What's the script with Hearts there? How's that possible?