The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Either way, I don't like where it's going. This defintely looks like we're going to see a SMISA who are going to fly in the face of what it's members elected and try to force Kibble out of the club.

I'd probably withdraw my membership from SMISA at that point to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

You can see the parallels with many a Bowling Club or Cricket Club. 

Exactly what it is. But then that's what SGG has always been like, he's always had that Cricket club mentality and revels in being the big fish in the wee pond. His way or the highway.

There hasn’t been a mass exodus following previous elections, no upsetting of the applecart for a team that previously worked well. This is never going to work out well if it’s causing ructions within the SMiSA board it will only be a matter of time before the same happens with the SMFC board, as seems to be the agenda going by the comments in Daily Record. 

Gilmour should never have got involved again - he sold the club years ago and that should have been his final involvement other than being a regular punter, like the rest of us. I didn’t vote for Kibble coming on board, although I can see they have done some good for the club. I really can’t see why anyone would have a continued agenda against them. It won’t be easy to have Gilmour & co removed from the positions they now occupy regardless of the accounts. It’s done now until they get what they want. 

At the risk of going all ZingaliMan I would presume numerous memberships must be at risk of being cancelled, if not already. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Either way, I don't like where it's going. This defintely looks like we're going to see a SMISA who are going to fly in the face of what it's members elected and try to force Kibble out of the club.

I'd probably withdraw my membership from SMISA at that point to be honest. 

Yeah, I'm not funding a shouty bully's ego trip.

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Here was me thinking Gilmour was elected onto the SMISA board by  a  ( majority  vote )  though I understand democracy is not popular these days in the United Kingdom.  So if the accounts are as bad as rumours have them that's OK is it. Asking for a friend ? 

What point are you even trying to make here?

15 minutes ago, McG said:

Bullying tactics of Gilmour seem to be working well.

I personally know many of the current members and those who have resigned over the last couple of weeks and all I can say is this will be a huge loss. Behind the scenes since the takeover was in place with GS, they have played an important part in the transition of SMiSA evolving into a bigger organisation. 

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Here was me thinking Gilmour was elected onto the SMISA board by  a  ( majority  vote )  though I understand democracy is not popular these days in the United Kingdom.  So if the accounts are as bad as rumours have them that's OK is it. Asking for a friend ? 

Not a single soul has said that and you haven't actually taken on anything anyone has said, so I don't think there's much point in trying to reason with you here.

7 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

With all due respect, he could hardly lose by the amount of new board members that were taken on in this election.

1 minute ago, smellthepaw said:

With all due respect, he could hardly lose by the amount of new board members that were taken on in this election.

It's also a lot of heavy lifting for the word 'majority'. He scraped in with something like 140 votes from around 500 or so votes cast, coming 4th out of 6 candidates.

17 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

He was given the circumstances of the election he was involved in, which makes your earlier comment of having him easily removed all the more baffling. This is pretty much what you sought after for so long buying every rumour going and making empty threats. The accounts are immaterial now. If they are favourable to the SMFC board some other issue will appear, if they are favourable to the agenda it will likely be mayhem. All everyone can do now is wait it out and see how this transpires with the unnecessary new SMiSA board as should have been done all along, without mudslinging rumours. 

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not a single soul has said that and you haven't actually taken on anything anyone has said, so I don't think there's much point in trying to reason with you here.

Imagine having a different opinion on Stuart Gilmour being on the board of SMISA.   But feel free to keep firing away. 

5 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Imagine having a different opinion on Stuart Gilmour being on the board of SMISA.   But feel free to keep firing away. 

It's nothing to do with having a different opinion. Your entire rationale for him being there, literally the ONLY thing you've have offered up is that it's a good idea 'so he can have a look at the accounts' which is absolutely ridiculous,  particularly as him being there to 'have a look at the accounts' is now actively driving a lot of good folk off the SMISA board.

What honest benefit is him being there having right now, taking into consideration the amount of people who now have first hand experience of how he operates looking at him and going 'nah, I'm out' in a matter of weeks?

1 hour ago, SS77 said:

Gilmour got on in 4th place - hardly a majority.

And that was with all his little co-conspirators spreading scare tactic stories across social media and via e-mail.

There was also lobbying via e-mail, which is against the SMISA rules.

Pathetic.

On a more positive note, 2 of my Paisley dwelling mates, who were/are nominally Sellick fans (the type who are supporters in name only and couldn't give you directions to Sellick Park) have just bought half season tickets for St. Mirren.

Edited by Arch Stanton