The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

23 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Trivia question. Apart from Ayunga who was our last player to score against both old firm teams in one season?

Stevie McGinn scored against both. Not sure if it was in the same season though.

Got the winner in a 1-0 win vs Rangers at Love Street in our last ever game against them there and put us ahead at Parkhead in a 1-1 draw.

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Stevie McGinn scored against both. Not sure if it was in the same season though.

Got the winner in a 1-0 win vs Rangers at Love Street in our last ever game against them there and put us ahead at Parkhead in a 1-1 draw.

It was in the same 12 months but different seasons - December 2007 and October 2008. I genuinely can't believe it's 16 years ago - remember the day clearly too!

Baccus is one of those players where I'd be genuinely delighted for him when he leaves. Seems like a good lad, served us well in a short space of time and deserves his chance at pushing on with his career. Similar to John McGinn in that way.

I hope he does well. He's one of the very few we've had in our ranks that I think could genuinely go on to play top league football and hold his own.

Prediction is 750k with high sell on %.

Erhahon? Not arsed.

37 minutes ago, Stu said:

I never thought this would work out.Its a bit like this forum so many people having different opinions as to how things should be getting done and you end up with a situation just like described in the article .in my opinion someone should try and buy the SMISA shares if there not willing to let the board get on with it they will bring the club down with there pettiness as we now have two lots wanting to go in different directions I know what lot I would go with. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

But remember 'we owe him a debt of gratitude' :rolleyes:

I feel genuinely embarrassed for the folk that voted him in based on believing a load of nonsense spread by him and his pals on the forums/social media.

1 minute ago, elvis said:

I never thought this would work out.Its a bit like this forum so many people having different opinions as to how things should be getting done and you end up with a situation just like described in the article .in my opinion someone should try and buy the SMISA shares if there not willing to let the board get on with it they will bring the club down with there pettiness as we now have two lots wanting to go in different directions I know what lot I would go with. 

Fan ownership works well and has been good for us IMO.

Bringing on a guy who has a strange agenda against the Kibble to cause needless division between folk is the issue. 

10 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Saint  1  Killie 0 in a friendly Brophy scored.    Regarding Gilmour let's see what the accounts produce before slinging nonsense at Gilmour.  If he is wrong it will be easy to have him removed from SMISA. 

You literally have the previous chairman of SMISA who has resigned after two months in the role, slaughtering folk who have a clear anti-board agenda making things difficult and unsustainable. 

There has been an influx of new faces in the last two months, one high profile person in particular whose wee manifesto basically said he was going to come into SMISA short term with more or less the sole aim to stir up shit against the SMFC board of directors.

I'm no Hercule Poirot but it doesn't take a genius to figure out exactly whose attitude and stance he is resigning over the head of.

What the accounts produce has no bearing on people's feeling for Gilmour. He's clearly not a positive influence on SMISA if he's directly or indirectly causing people to resign after 8 weeks and creating an 'us and them' mentality between SMISA and the club.

It's shit like this that concerns me  much more than any set of published accounts. Heading for civil war within a football club very rarely ends well. Gilmour and his ilk should have been told thanks for your service in the past but no thanks and ushered on. 

Edited by djchapsticks

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You literally have the previous chairman of SMISA who has resigned after two months in the role, slaughtering folk who have a clear anti-board agenda making things difficult and unsustainable. 

There has been an influx of new faces in the last two months, one high profile person in particular whose wee manifesto basically said he was going to come into SMISA short term with more or less the sole aim to stir up shit against the SMFC board of directors.

I'm no Hercule Poirot but it doesn't take a genius to figure out exactly whose attitude and stance he is resigning over the head of.

What the accounts produce has no bearing on people's feeling for Gilmour. He's clearly not a positive influence on SMISA if he's directly or indirectly causing people to resign after 8 weeks and creating an 'us and them' mentality between SMISA and the club.

It's shit like this that concerns me  much more than any set of published accounts. Heading for civil war within a football club very rarely ends well. Gilmour and his ilk should have been told thanks for your service in the past but no thanks and ushered on. 

You can see the parallels with many a Bowling Club or Cricket Club. 

7 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Am I missing something? One guy joins the Board that has a different opinion and everyone else resigns allowing him to gain more control. Why don't they stay and stand up to him and if necessary tell him to piss off?

It looks like the original resignations may not have been directly relating to this but those now going possibly find their mindset in a minority within the SMISA board.

Like any work place where conditions or a gaffer is shite, folk find it easier to just go 'I've had enough' and move on, particularly as the majority of SMISA guys and girls do this unpaid, they may feel that the angst is just not something they want to take on.

Not saying that's the reason, just that there are other possible factors at play why the most obvious scenario wouldn't play out.