The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

Did that ever get worn in a competitive game? I liked that shirt, wore it when I went on a tour of the Nou Camp - was made of some super shiny material I think.

This is probably totally bollocks but some Leeds website I'd never heard of is linking us with a loan for one of their youngsters I've never heard of: https://www.leedsallover.com/2-reasons-why-leeds-united-agreeing-to-midfielders-exit-this-january-is-the-right-decision/

Played with Robinson at Morecambe and capped for Northern Ireland, probably where the link is coming from.

Pretending that there's some truth in it for a moment, the only reason I can see us going for another midfielder when we're supposedly skint is we're fairly certain at least one will be on his way in January.

I wouldn't be shocked if we have our ducks in a row with regards to targets if we're anticipating bids for players. Of course these may or may not materialise but I'd rather we have a gameplan if movement does happen than freeing up space and then looking.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Did that ever get worn in a competitive game? I liked that shirt, wore it when I went on a tour of the Nou Camp - was made of some super shiny material I think.

This is probably totally bollocks but some Leeds website I'd never heard of is linking us with a loan for one of their youngsters I've never heard of: https://www.leedsallover.com/2-reasons-why-leeds-united-agreeing-to-midfielders-exit-this-january-is-the-right-decision/

Played with Robinson at Morecambe and capped for Northern Ireland, probably where the link is coming from.

Pretending that there's some truth in it for a moment, the only reason I can see us going for another midfielder when we're supposedly skint is we're fairly certain at least one will be on his way in January.

Given that Erhahon's contract runs out in June, we might try to get some cash for him. McCalmont seems to be a defensive midfielder, so a like for like replacement. Of course, Gogic would be first choice replacement.

Also, now that Ferdinand is Erhahon's agent, that might enhance his chances of getting a decent move.

Love how Messi looks happier to be getting a picture with Keanu than Keanu does :lol: seen a few clips on Twitter with most of the Australian team getting a picture with Messi after the game. I would have done the same, and it’s good to see that he’s happy to stand about for photos when he could have easily told them to bolt. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Love how Messi looks happier to be getting a picture with Keanu than Keanu does :lol: seen a few clips on Twitter with most of the Australian team getting a picture with Messi after the game. I would have done the same, and it’s good to see that he’s happy to stand about for photos when he could have easily told them to bolt. 

It proves he's a true gent. Being humble and gracious, despite being the best in the world.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Can safely say that Ethan will be on his way so we could well cash in on him in January.

Yeah, just saw him sharing all that stuff on Instagram. Anton Ferdinand hyping him up. Absolutely no way they're going to this trouble to sign a new deal.

Makes me think we'll do everything we can to hang onto Baccus until the summer. Losing 2/3 starting midfielders in January, even with Gogic available, would be a disaster.

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, just saw him sharing all that stuff on Instagram. Anton Ferdinand hyping him up. Absolutely no way they're going to this trouble to sign a new deal.

Makes me think we'll do everything we can to hang onto Baccus until the summer. Losing 2/3 starting midfielders in January, even with Gogic available, would be a disaster.

Agreed. I'm OK with Ethan going. He's earned a shot somewhere else and probably would already have been playing league 1 or championship level down south if not for the last couple of years as apparently the Barnsley loan move being made permanent was a total goer before covid hit.

He's immensely talented and I have always been a fan. Some of our support still give him a bit of shit and it's mostly unwarranted, he's one of those guys who we'll appreciate once he's gone.

If we can pull a decent January fee for him and he's adamant he won't entertain a new deal then probably best for all parties to go separate ways next month if the interest is there.

On 04/12/2022 at 15:00, pozbaird said:

My mate came out with a great idea - keep the current all-black away strip for another season. Get more stock in so everyone who wants one can get one. It certainly deserves another season. Why not? It’s a proven hit.

We most likely won’t be with Joma next year so that rules that one out unfortunately.

46 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. I'm OK with Ethan going. He's earned a shot somewhere else and probably would already have been playing league 1 or championship level down south if not for the last couple of years as apparently the Barnsley loan move being made permanent was a total goer before covid hit.

He's immensely talented and I have always been a fan. Some of our support still give him a bit of shit and it's mostly unwarranted, he's one of those guys who we'll appreciate once he's gone.

If we can pull a decent January fee for him and he's adamant he won't entertain a new deal then probably best for all parties to go separate ways next month if the interest is there.

What's blown my mind there is that January is next month. 

33 minutes ago, SS77 said:

We most likely won’t be with Joma next year so that rules that one out unfortunately.

Makes sense as no 'fan option' for home kits have been put out this year.

Imagine they won't either as first year of new contracts with kit suppliers, you usually take what you get.

Wonder who we'll go with - I'd like to see us go the Macron route, their stuff seems good quality. Failing that, something a bit more out there like Le Coq Sportif or something would be great. They did Fiorentina and St. Etienne recently and their stuff looks pretty good.

Edited by djchapsticks

38 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Makes sense as no 'fan option' for home kits have been put out this year.

Imagine they won't either as first year of new contracts with kit suppliers, you usually take what you get.

Wonder who we'll go with - I'd like to see us go the Macron route, their stuff seems good quality. Failing that, something a bit more out there like Le Coq Sportif or something would be great. They did Fiorentina and St. Etienne recently and their stuff looks pretty good.

I’ve heard it will be Macron which I’m pretty chuffed about - they’ve done a cracking job designing kits over the last few years!

35 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I wonder what's ended the Joma deal. I think the strips have been good - shame about the supply issues, especially this summer, but I don't think anybody could have foreseen that.

Not 100% sure but I think our deal finishes in the summer with Joma.

My mate came out with a great idea - keep the current all-black away strip for another season. Get more stock in so everyone who wants one can get one. It certainly deserves another season. Why not? It’s a proven hit.
I think you could live off the away design for years to come in
Red and black
Red and white
Red and blue
Yellow and black