The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

55 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You can count Saints out, he got roundly laughed at when his dad was asking for English championship sized wages the last time we had him.

Could definitely see him kicking up at Killie more so than anyone else in the league for some reason.

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Could definitely see him kicking up at Killie more so than anyone else in the league for some reason.

Selfishly I'd rather a top end Championship signed him but if he's on big wages the only team mental enough to take on most of his wages would be Dundee. Killie just seems right, their back 3 played very well against us in Paisley right enough but can see him slotting in there.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Notes from last weeks SMiSA meeting have been published;

https://www.smisa.net/images/downloads/Member-Meeting-17-Nov-22.pdf

So no need for any panic - see Dundee Utd's accounts published after large previous loss they managed a small profit.

But their player budget almost £6 million. 

We're punching well but must do better away from home - a win or two could make all the difference to how high we finish.

Top 6 would be excellent. 

Players, mangers team, directors and all producing well... that is bringing up our home support along with attractive football.

A decent cup run would be icing on the cake.

A good time to be a buddy.

14 hours ago, Div said:

Notes from last weeks SMiSA meeting have been published;

https://www.smisa.net/images/downloads/Member-Meeting-17-Nov-22.pdf

Mentions money from Baccus being shared with all the clubs a player has been at. Does that mean we'll get a small amount for Mooy being there too? 

Edited by dublin_bud
Typo

There has been talk of who might go in the next window to balance the budget and possibly free up room for maneuver - various opinions.

Be great if 1 or 2 great or really good signings came in to help us kick on.

Of course Olusana might be fit too.

WC giving teams time to plan... fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, medals said:

There has been talk of who might go in the next window to balance the budget and possibly free up room for maneuver - various opinions.

Be great if 1 or 2 great or really good signings came in to help us kick on.

Of course Olusana might be fit too.

WC giving teams time to plan... fingers crossed.

Don’t see us adding any more to the squad in January unless we shift 2-3 out the way first.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Don’t see us adding any more to the squad in January unless we shift 2-3 out the way first.

Agreed but think we will shift some out! A few possibilities,  just need teams willing and able.

My point is with this extra space planning for ins and out might help both for January and the summer.

13 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Can see big Joe, Brophey and perhaps Kiltie moved on. 

We might get bids for Ethan and Keanu. 

Janurary will be an interesting month for players leaving. 

Shame we probably won't get any in unless we pick up a loan deal. 

Be a mistake to let Kiltie leave IMO, was fantastic before the World Cup break.

On 22/11/2022 at 22:48, djchapsticks said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Brophy back with us although I’m not sure if he is what we need. I liked Brophy when he was here the first time around but we need someone who is going to come in and score 7-10 goals between January and May and I’m not sure if he is the man for that.

If his wages are as high as rumoured then I could see him coming in on loan with St Mirren still paying a part of his wages.

35 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Brophy back with us although I’m not sure if he is what we need. I liked Brophy when he was here the first time around but we need someone who is going to come in and score 7-10 goals between January and May and I’m not sure if he is the man for that.

If his wages are as high as rumoured then I could see him coming in on loan with St Mirren still paying a part of his wages.

I was meaning Joe Shaughnessy turning up at Killie. 

I'd genuinely be astonished if anyone took the punt on Brophy in January.