The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

18 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

The old guys who sit behind the dugout in the main stand are supposed to be relentless with the abuse towards, just about everyone from players to management.

Thankfully I sit in the west stand. 

I assume your not in the main stand Vince and basing your view on gossip  ? There is one loud mouth who Jack Ross confronted.  The same person had steam coming out of Robinson's ears at the St Johnstone game. It's about time the club had a word in his ear.  A fight almost broke out when a fan confronted the loud mouth . He is the only person I have ever heard in a similar way you hear Saints fans when watching matches on SMTV the abuse that comes from the West Stand is cringing.  Would be great if the loud mouth could be moved over to the west Stand and sit along with other loud mouths who like to shout abouse. Outwith that idiot central main stand is a great place to sit with sound fans who tend to be positive getting behind the team even when things are not going our way. So whoever is feeding you nonsense do not know the facts. 

I assume your not in the main stand Vince and basing your view on gossip  ? There is one loud mouth who Jack Ross confronted.  The same person had steam coming out of Robinson's ears at the St Johnstone game. It's about time the club had a word in his ear.  A fight almost broke out when a fan confronted the loud mouth . He is the only person I have ever heard in a similar way you hear Saints fans when watching matches on SMTV the abuse that comes from the West Stand is cringing.  Would be great if the loud mouth could be moved over to the west Stand and sit along with other loud mouths who like to shout abouse. Outwith that idiot central main stand is a great place to sit with sound fans who tend to be positive getting behind the team even when things are not going our way. So whoever is feeding you nonsense do not know the facts. 
He says quite clearly he's not in the Main Stand AND says supposedly thus again confirming this info is 2nd hand [emoji12]

There's bound to be an odd roaster in every section of every stand. Not sure what they think booing or singling out individual players for abuse achieves but you will hear it in every stand at every ground every week unfortunately. It's the faux outrage that is spouted when those being abused actually take these idiots to task that gets me. If you live by the sword be prepared to die by it.

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

He is the only person I have ever heard in a similar way you hear Saints fans when watching matches on SMTV the abuse that comes from the West Stand is cringing.  Would be great if the loud mouth could be moved over to the west Stand and sit along with other loud mouths who like to shout abouse. 

I sit directly in the middle of the West stand, the only abuse that comes from anyone is directed at opposition players and mainly feckless officials. There's no-one, certainly no-one loud enough to hear at least, that is abusing St. Mirren players, staff or management.

2 hours ago, btb said:

@aldo_j

Fairy Nuff but only Lavety (just) is from this millenia.

Did we love Michael Higdon, he had one very good season with us.

Guy who used to sit in front of me in the main stand used to give Higdon pelters every week, even when he scored that hat trick against Accies

7 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I’ve sat in the main stand through a good part of the Danny Lennon era. There were roasters back then and there will be roasters nowadays. It happens in every ground in the country, it’s not exactly exclusive to St Mirren. 
I often think how would the folk who shout abuse at managers and players, feel about random punters turning up at their workplace shouting abuse at them. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, btb said:

@aldo_j

Fairy Nuff but only Lavety (just) is from this millenia.

Did we love Michael Higdon, he had one very good season with us.

No can recall loads of criticism for not running about. Which face it, he was never going to do. Think he actually was ok on first season, but suffered from not being Billy Memhet who I think was pretty widely loved. 

On 15/11/2022 at 09:06, ZingaliMan said:

I hadn't realised it was the same person that also abused JR. He needs a serious talking to if that is the case. Should easily be indentified.

Spreading negativity breeds negativity.