The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Personally would be gutted if we lose Robinson.  Some wanted Derrick McIness Hunterhill  boy in to manage Saints. Bad very bad idea certainly doing a magic job at Killie 🤣.Big Rangers fan  at least he was when I lived in Hunterhill . He always jumped about when his teams scored against Saints keep him well away from the club guy is a ***.

I remember him and his Morton teammates knee sliding towards us in the Cowshed at Cappielow after he scored a late winner against us, only for it to be disallowed. 🤣

Telt ye... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Screenshot_20221112-160215.thumb.png.891c695f90e31772b9224a60302c02b4.png

Wonder who he was supporting… On another note, can’t believe he’s not in the Scotland squad. Outstanding player, won us that Championship all by himself.

Disappointed with the abuse Ayunga was taking from a couple of members of our own support. One guy had a constant tirade against him until he scored. It's pathetic. Ayunga like Main plays a massive part in our team and the abuse he gets is shocking. 

On 12/11/2022 at 18:05, AW saint said:

Disappointed with the abuse Ayunga was taking from a couple of members of our own support. One guy had a constant tirade against him until he scored. It's pathetic. Ayunga like Main plays a massive part in our team and the abuse he gets is shocking. 

He seems to attract the ire of the roasters because he's ungainly, awkward and what he tries, doesn't always come off.

He's an asset to the squad though and when he's on it he's one of the biggest handfuls for defenders in the league. 

Edited by djchapsticks

On 12/11/2022 at 19:33, geo87 said:

Ayunga was legally unplayable at times today, the way he rolled Lundstram like he wasn’t there before he was subbed was sensational.

Made a wee edit.

If the ref had given him even half the fouls on him that second half would have had had a very different momentum.

The St Mirren Da brigade booing Ayunga will be the same ones who idolise Mehmet and Dargo, who barely broke double figures for goal in 5 and 4 years respectively.

They'll be the same ones with the irrational hatred for SR and every little thing he does.

They're to be ignored really. They clearly know f**k all about football.

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The St Mirren Da brigade booing Ayunga will be the same ones who idolise Mehmet and Dargo, who barely broke double figures for goal in 5 and 4 years respectively.

They'll be the same ones with the irrational hatred for SR and every little thing he does.

Thing is, our support love to get on the arse of a 'lazy' player. Can anyone honestly find fault in Ayunga's workrate? He's normally totally burst after 60-65 minutes.

4 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The old guys who sit behind the dugout in the main stand are supposed to be relentless with the abuse towards, just about everyone from players to management.

Thankfully I sit in the west stand. 

Said at the start of the season that to have a decent campaign we would need one or both of Ayunga or Olusanya to be a success and I think it's fair to say that Jonah has more than proved his worth since signing.

Yeah he misses some chances and he's not exactly blessed with blistering pace but if he was more clinical and was quicker he would be playing at a far higher level than with us.

Him and Main are excellent together in games like Saturday and I love that Robbo has the balls to start with both those two and an attacking midfielder in Kiltie against a club operating light years ahead of us in terms of their resources.

We played well on Saturday and were very unlucky not to win IMO.

If only we can find a wee bit of form on the road there is no reason why we cannot finally nail a top six place.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Him and Main are excellent together in games like Saturday and I love that Robbo has the balls to start with both those two and an attacking midfielder in Kiltie against a club operating light years ahead of us in terms of their resources.

Kiltie for me was excellent on Saturday. He was played exactly where he should be in that pocket where he can potentially hurt teams.

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

The old guys who sit behind the dugout in the main stand are supposed to be relentless with the abuse towards, just about everyone from players to management.

Thankfully I sit in the west stand. 

I sit just to the right ( looking from the pitch) of the stretcher team in the main stand. I've never been aware of any abuse from any old guys behind the dugout.

Over the last couple of home games, however, there have been a couple of guys in front of us who have felt the need to berate our management team at close range . Their comments are banal , inaccurate and derogatory and their intention seems solely to get themselves noticed. ( one left  immediately after we conceeded the penalty on Saturday)

Unfortunately Robinson and his assistant hear this dross and feel the need to respond when, really , they should ignore the comments and deny these morons the attention they desperately crave.