The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Kiltie was excellent last night

But he’s in competition with Baccus and O’Hara for 2 places alongside Erhahon.

So who drops out to accommodate Kiltie?

I can see Kiltie being in demand come the transfer window and with us needing to reduce the wage bill, I can see him gone 

35 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
43 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Arse cheek compliant media pulling out the stops to ensure their masters don't drop any more points in Paisley is what I see there.

In the Scotsman also.

After the failure of VAR to award us a stonewall penalty late in the game on Saturday; and the difference in how additional time was calculated on Saturday and last night; I've been feeling a tad more paranoid than normal.

So decided to have a quick look at the penalty stats this season to see if it was as bad as I'd thought.

Sure enough we have been awarded fewest: 1 - strangely equal with Celtic.

And we've conceded most: 7 - out in the lead on our own with that one.

Not going to go through the ins and outs of how those figures came about, but thought this was an interesting point to put in to context where we are in the league.

We're 2 points behind Aberdeen who've had 6 more penalties than we have had, and obviously conceded fewer.

So I think in that context perhaps we should be a bit less harsh with ourselves on where we are.

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but I take it we've decided not to play Baccus until after the world cup now?

The very fact he's going to the world cup I'd say makes him our best player.

Can see why we've done it, but I'd imagine the rest of the WC squads around the world are not being wrapped in cotton wool?

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but I take it we've decided not to play Baccus until after the world cup now?

Can see why we've done it, but I'd imagine the rest of the WC squads around the world are not being wrapped in cotton wool?

He was injured according to Robinson. 

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Roman? Do you mean Connor Ronan?

If so, he was on loan at Portsmouth in 2018 and is now in the Wolves first team squad. He even played in the League Cup this week and made his Premier league debut last Saturday.

He's not on loan at Portsmouth and you're obviously reading an old article you haven't date checked. :lol:

I think we're looking at Lewis Morgan on loan again.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

The boy said he had a dead leg

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

It looks like Robbo will be off to Luton. It’s a no brainer for him as he’ll no doubt be on a much bigger wage. 

Club captain and fans favourite in his time at Luton. 
Not sure who we would go for as a replacement if it happens. 

Not a chance Luton will come in for him in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

It looks like Robbo will be off to Luton. It’s a no brainer for him as he’ll no doubt be on a much bigger wage. 

Neil Cirtchley Blackpool manager looks to be the front runner. 

43 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Will be very surprised if that happens mate:

5 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Robinson is 16/1 so not a chance Blackpool manager favourite.  Bookies  are rarely wrong. 

Next manager books generally follow where money is going on - there's no chance the bookies have any sort of insider knowledge on who frontrunner for jobs are.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Next manager books generally follow where money is going on - there's no chance the bookies have any sort of insider knowledge on who frontrunner for jobs are.

Agree Robinson has jumped up to second favourite now 4/1 from 16/1  Blackpool manager favourite still at 6/4.