The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I think the point is wether it was kibble or SMISA it is totally unprofessional these people are representing the club why the hell can nothing ever go smoothly with our club there's always something or someone ready to f**k things up .

There's clearly *something* amiss somewhere that has seen Alan Wardrop, Graeme McPherson, George Adam and Janette Swanson all jump respective ships in the last few weeks.

The four guys that have now joined the SMiSA board certainly won't be bullied by anyone so if there is a problem somewhere it will come to a head pretty quickly I'd have thought.

On another note I'm pleased to see Paul McNeil going forward as the preferred candidate for the club board space. He's a good guy.

13 hours ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

I notice that ex Saintyboy Anders Dreyer scored both goals as Midtyjland beat Sturm Graz in the Europa League tonight. 

Underrated player by many during his short stint. The old ‘didn’t run about enough’ brigade…

Pretty sure he had a great assist record with us, or as great as we could ever hope for at that point. 

2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Underrated player by many during his short stint. The old ‘didn’t run about enough’ brigade…

Pretty sure he had a great assist record with us, or as great as we could ever hope for at that point. 

He was a cracking player. A bit raw, but undoubted talent. 

On 03/11/2022 at 20:23, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

I notice that ex Saintyboy Anders Dreyer scored both goals as Midtyjland beat Sturm Graz in the Europa League tonight. 

Dreyer was superb in his short spell. A proper talent who contributed to something like 6 or 7 goals in his 10 games with us despite a few silly folk calling him lazy or moaning that he was 'not putting himself about enough'.. A shame he got injured when he did but he was never going to be with us medium term. Far too good. 

No shock at all he's gone on to play champions league and international football. He tore Russian football up there in his brief spell before he terminated his own contact due to the war and went back to Denmark.

He'll be getting a big move in the next year or so as well. 

Yesterday was disappointing but prob'ly didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, we're competitive in the division and were beaten yesterday by a team who were less sloppy at the back.

Really hoping we can come out of the next two games still in the Top6 (realistically a win against the Fakes) it'll be a long 5 weeks otherwise with the football world focussed on the abomination in Qatar.

12 minutes ago, btb said:

Yesterday was disappointing but prob'ly didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, we're competitive in the division and were beaten yesterday by a team who were less sloppy at the back.

Really hoping we can come out of the next two games still in the Top6 (realistically a win against the Fakes) it'll be a long 5 weeks otherwise with the football world focussed on the abomination in Qatar.

Ross County thoroughly deserved their win but they weren't great. All three of their goals were preventable. It baffles me how we can go from pretty solid at home to shipping 3 and 4 goals every away game. Ross County had scored 7 goals before yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Ross County thoroughly deserved their win but they weren't great. All three of their goals were preventable. It baffles me how we can go from pretty solid at home to shipping 3 and 4 goals every away game. Ross County had scored 7 goals before yesterday. 

From an outsider’s point of view, and looking back at the lineups it was fairly predictable, I guess, but St Mirren had absolutely no width whatsoever.  The number 23 looked a decent player, but he was the only one offering any width whatsoever.  County were able to leave Harmon on his own on the left and double up on the right, and the winning goal came from the smallest player on the pitch losing his man and winning a free header.  Fraser on the other side clearly was never going to get forward much.  He’s a right back/right centre back.  There were also a couple of guys - 16 and 7 - who did a lot of not very much at all.  County have about six wingers in the squad.  I’d be looking at loaning one of them - Sims most likely - were I Robinson; that is, if you don’t have one that he’s inexplicably not playing.  

I don’t know if that was an off day for you guys, or par for the course, but St Mirren looked awfully short of ideas going forward.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

From an outsider’s point of view, and looking back at the lineups it was fairly predictable, I guess, but St Mirren had absolutely no width whatsoever.  The number 23 looked a decent player, but he was the only one offering any width whatsoever.  County were able to leave Harmon on his own on the left and double up on the right, and the winning goal came from the smallest player on the pitch losing his man and winning a free header.  Fraser on the other side clearly was never going to get forward much.  He’s a right back/right centre back.  There were also a couple of guys - 16 and 7 - who did a lot of not very much at all.  County have about six wingers in the squad.  I’d be looking at loaning one of them - Sims most likely - were I Robinson; that is, if you don’t have one that he’s inexplicably not playing.  

I don’t know if that was an off day for you guys, or par for the course, but St Mirren looked awfully short of ideas going forward.

It was par for the course for our away form. 

We've got Henderson who's a winger, I'd like to see more of him as he's a good player. The system we play has wing backs, we maybe need to look at that away from home.

I don't think the system was the reason we lost though, we conceded goals because we didn't stop crosses and weren't tight enough to our men. Gallagher has been a great signing, he wasn't the worst yesterday but he looked like he wasn't 100%.

He’s 24. 
He’s not getting in the Wolves team.   
He’s not an EPL player 
He’ll get a good Championship club. 

As expected, he’s been in the Wolves first team squad all season and made his EPL debut yesterday. What a player.
Back to reality, massive game for us on Wednesday against an in form St Johnstone team who are now above us in the league. If we don’t win it we will surely be going into the long World Cup break on a bad run.