The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

22 minutes ago, elvis said:

It's funny how when I point out we are shit away from home I'm a stupid fucker but when others basicly point out the exact same thing it's fine you fucking knob

To be fair most of us assume the same when you post, again and again, that we're shit before, during and after games, but disappear like snow off a dyke when we win.

Read the room.......................................

4 hours ago, elvis said:

It's funny how when I point out we are shit away from home I'm a stupid fucker but when others basicly point out the exact same thing it's fine you fucking knob

You're the most negative c**t on this entire forum and that's saying something. You never have anything positive to say. 

1 hour ago, Steven Glansberg said:

You're the most negative c**t on this entire forum and that's saying something. You never have anything positive to say. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Let's try this St Mirren have been good at home but utter shite away from home that better oh and just incase you don't know a c**t is a very useful thing .

Edited by elvis

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 minutes ago, McG said:
Seen that, I cancelled my smisa sub a couple of days ago.

Big step backwards with Gilmour on board.

All he can do is shit stir as far as I can see so won't be making any knee jerk reactions but I certainly can't see anything positive coming from this move.

I wouldn’t be so sure mate, this is just the start of it.

We’ve lost some really good people from smisa lately as they knew this was happening.

I wouldn’t be so sure mate, this is just the start of it.
We’ve lost some really good people from smisa lately as they knew this was happening.

I just can't see how he can be co-opted onto the club board, I suspect he will toss in a few grenades which as you rightly say, will do jo good what so ever but I just can't see where he could gain the support required to make the club board (assuming that is the aim)

11 hours ago, SS77 said:

Gutted for Stuart and Jack missing out on the SMISA board, felt like they deserved a chance but it wasn’t to be.

To be honest, I'm more annoyed about this than what may or may not be going on with our former chairman.

Ask anyone involved with any committee - be it a sports club, gala, PTA, whatever - and they'll tell you one of the biggest problems is getting new members on the committee, particularly younger ones. We had not one, but two, younger guys willing to come on board and they were the only two not to get one of the posts. It may be their age had nothing to do with it but it's a bit disheartening for them and any other younger folk that want to get involved. Also means a whole generation of support has no representation on SMiSA- although not as bad as having no women on the board, which is the case with the club and, it seems, now SMiSA.

Would have also have been good to get some fresh faces involved - regardless of their age. I'm sure the four involved will do a good job, but they're all guys who have been involved with the club/SMiSA/whatever before so I can't see much fresh thinking coming from them.

33 minutes ago, Stu said:

To be honest, I'm more annoyed about this than what may or may not be going on with our former chairman.

Ask anyone involved with any committee - be it a sports club, gala, PTA, whatever - and they'll tell you one of the biggest problems is getting new members on the committee, particularly younger ones. We had not one, but two, younger guys willing to come on board and they were the only two not to get one of the posts. It may be their age had nothing to do with it but it's a bit disheartening for them and any other younger folk that want to get involved. Also means a whole generation of support has no representation on SMiSA- although not as bad as having no women on the board, which is the case with the club and, it seems, now SMiSA.

Would have also have been good to get some fresh faces involved - regardless of their age. I'm sure the four involved will do a good job, but they're all guys who have been involved with the club/SMiSA/whatever before so I can't see much fresh thinking coming from them.

the trouble was having two youngsters in the ballot.had there only been one i’m quite sure they’d have been elected instead of sgg but instead they split the vote

3 out of the 4 i voted for were elected.the fourth?,i will wait until the next meeting has been held and then decide if i remain a member of smisa 

39 minutes ago, Stu said:

It’s interesting that there wasn’t anyone in the 30-40 age bracket. Not that I’d have put myself forward, but is it just a time thing, e.g. young families, career, etc?

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Bit of a perfect storm unfortunately for the two younger guys.

4 spots available and up against 4 very well known faces, 2 of which have been on the SMiSA board before, 1 of whom is/was a popular and efficient SLO (hence he got the most votes) and one who has knowledge and experience of running a football club so will (hopefully) be able to effectively challenge the football board on behalf of us members who are paying our hard earned to SMiSA each month.

I'd like to see some sort of re-structure in SMiSA, as I think there has to be room for younger blood in the organisation, guys who have energy and time to throw at new ideas and growing the membership.

Getting the majority ownership of the club was amazing, but I sort of feel SMiSA has just treaded water since. There's no drive to get new members signed up, in fact it's probably been the opposite.

A battle between SMiSA and Kibble feels sort of inevitable now. The accounts to May 31st 2022 are due out very soon and expect that will be the trigger.

15 hours ago, elvis said:

It's about time there was someone on it who has some idea in how to run a club

🤦‍♀️ Mate why do you even bother supporting St Mirren, genuinely? I think I’ve seen about 2 positive posts from yourself towards the team in the many years I’ve been on this forum, and these have came after victories where you had tipped us to lose heavily. We’ve made the best start to a season in the top flight in my lifetime, and every week I see you predicting a loss. 

Now you seem to have a grievance about the running of the club. By all accounts the current set up is not perfect, but it’s light years away from what it was like under Gilmour in his last few years. I had actually forgot about the Rangers debacle, and he had his face plastered over the back pages of the tabloids stating 10(?) clubs would go out of business if Rangers werent admitted to the Premier League. This turned out to be complete and utter fantasy, and the only team in Scottish league football that has went out of business in recent memory is Rangers themselves.

I won’t pretend to know any of the intricacies around the Kibble deal, and from speaking to people involved with the club I’ve heard great things about them and I’ve also heard not so great things. We fought for years to get fan ownership, giving the supporters a genuine association with the club through Smisa, as well as the ability to elect a fan representative at board room level. I’m very surprised that Gilmour received enough votes to get him elected, but it’s happened and we can only hope he isn’t there with the sole intention of creating disharmony at the club, which I fear he is going to do. 

Im also struggling to think of a reason why he would actually want to come back. He’s an older gentlemen who devoted a lot of his life to St Mirren, and I’m sure most St Mirren fans are grateful towards him for how he managed to leave his position with the club on good footing. I know he likes his cricket and golf, would he not rather spend his retirement years sitting back with a pint or playing a couple of rounds of golf each week? I’m sure his motives will become clear soon enough but it’s a situation I’m finding hard to understand. 

Edited by IrishBhoy