The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, Div said:

Brophy is he big ticket passenger. He'll be on a whopping wage but hard to believe there will be a queue of clubs lining up to take him off our hands in January.

Reid and Joe probably the two to go in January I'd have thought.

The rumour when Brophy left and (supposedly) picked St Mirren over Aberdeen was that his deal was over £3k per week. 

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The rumour when Brophy left and (supposedly) picked St Mirren over Aberdeen was that his deal was over £3k per week. 

3k a week and he’s been injured most of it, been a very poor investment. 

Had high hopes for him but he never really got going. 

Expect him to be shifted on in January.

2 minutes ago, McG said:

I would hope Brophy is sending Steve Clarke a Christmas card every year.

2 minutes ago, McG said:

We'll have to sweeten any deal.

5 minutes ago, McG said:

Although January will be 2 years since he signed, the first 6 months was on loan. As he signed a 3 year deal he is contracted until summer of 2024. On the alleged wages he is receiving, he won't be easy to move on without SMFC continuing to pay some of his wage.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Although January will be 2 years since he signed, the first 6 months was on loan. As he signed a 3 year deal he is contracted until summer of 2024. On the alleged wages he is receiving, he won't be easy to move on without SMFC continuing to pay some of his wage.

I’m clearly 100% guessing here but it  probably won’t be hard to imagine that Gallagher on similar money.  A lot of money for a couple of players (based on rumour and a guess to be fair).

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m clearly 100% guessing here but it  probably won’t be hard to imagine that Gallagher on similar money.  A lot of money for a couple of players (based on rumour and a guess to be fair).

He’s not.

I thought the Brophy signing was a bit of a watershed moment actually.

The club pushing the boat out and taking a calculated risk in the hope of getting a bigger return further down the line. It's not looking like it'll turn out that way with Brophy but it may well do with Baccus and others.

A shift in policy which is a little unsettling after decades of the more cautious approach and taking of the cheaper option. Would the old board have done anything as audacious as go and get Robinson from Morecambe? No chance. Kevin Thomson from Kelty more like.

Maybe one of the reasons that SG is all het up is the move away from his more austere approach.

3 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I thought the Brophy signing was a bit of a watershed moment actually.

The club pushing the boat out and taking a calculated risk in the hope of getting a bigger return further down the line. It's not looking like it'll turn out that way with Brophy but it may well do with Baccus and others.

A shift in policy which is a little unsettling after decades of the more cautious approach and taking of the cheaper option. Would the old board have done anything as audacious as go and get Robinson from Morecambe? No chance. Kevin Thomson from Kelty more like.

Maybe one of the reasons that SG is all het up is the move away from his more austere approach.

Agree to a certain extent but no one surely can say Gilmour does not have the clubs future at heart. The man saved the club from going bust. Not only that a English man who tried to take over the club. B BC proved Gilmour right. So this is a man who cares about the club .  There is only one person I would love on the board of the club that is Div. This is a guy who has integrity amongst the support who will tell it as it is. Div has indicated he wants no part in the board.  You are a fan mate we all look up to your straight talking.  However Div is a successful business man which brings its own hassles without pilling more pressure.  Have heard so much shit around the people who sit around me in the main stand who include high up SMISA members.  This shit needs to be sorted.  I no you don't want it. Div go for it the fans will be 99.9% behind you.  Kibble is a great thing for the club in my opinion would love to see it all come together.  Your the man Div. 

5 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Agree to a certain extent but no one surely can say Gilmour does not have the clubs future at heart. The man saved the club from going bust. Not only that a English man who tried to take over the club. B BC proved Gilmour right. So this is a man who cares about the club .  There is only one person I would love on the board of the club that is Div. This is a guy who has integrity amongst the support who will tell it as it is. Div has indicated he wants no part in the board.  You are a fan mate we all look up to your straight talking.  However Div is a successful business man which brings its own hassles without pilling more pressure.  Have heard so much shit around the people who sit around me in the main stand who include high up SMISA members.  This shit needs to be sorted.  I no you don't want it. Div go for it the fans will be 99.9% behind you.  Kibble is a great thing for the club in my opinion would love to see it all come together.  Your the man Div. 

He's not going to shag you m8

6 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

'kin hell mate...

5 hours ago, billyg said:

I can only reiterate what a very popular ex-player told me a few years ago , that he wouldn't set foot in the new stadium until SG had gone. Said ex-player has since returned to the fold !

There are many who felt the same. Particularly many of the folk who used to run the St. Mirren club/supporters bus at Knox Street. 

Billy, I've no doubt you'll know the details of that whole incident better than myself.

7 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Ross Gellar GIF

Agree to a certain extent but no one surely can say Gilmour does not have the clubs future at heart. The man saved the club from going bust. Not only that an English man who tried to take over the club. B BC proved Gilmour right. So this is a man who cares about the club .  There is only one person I would love on the board of the club that is Div. This is a guy who has integrity amongst the support who will tell it as it is. Div has indicated he wants no part in the board.  You are a fan mate we all look up to your straight talking.  However Div is a successful business man which brings its own hassles without pilling more pressure.  Have heard so much shit around the people who sit around me in the main stand who include high up SMISA members.  This shit needs to be sorted.  I no you don't want it. Div go for it the fans will be 99.9% behind you.  Kibble is a great thing for the club in my opinion would love to see it all come together.  Your the man Div. 

Not one person has said Gilmour doesn’t care about the club, he’s given more to the club than any of us could ever dream of giving.

A good few fans just don’t think he should be anywhere near Smisa/St Mirren in 2022.

At least tag him @Div