The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

Never thought fan ownership would work from the start no one had a clue about running a football club then they let kibble in now I don't know much but from the outside looking in it looks like there running the show and if the story's going around are true not doing a very good job of it why so many people leaving there's got to be some truth in them I know of one person left being owed a substantial amount of money.

Who? How much?

There's loads of this shite kicking about lately. None of it corroborated, none of it verified. All nudge nudge wink wink shite.

I see one of the folk who have left SMiSA board lately is journalist Graeme MacPherson who writes for the Herald and is a St. Mirren supporter. If there was any legitimate scandal, financial Armageddon approaching or wrongdoings, don't you think it wouldn't have come out in the wash to the press given he works for such a large publication? I mean neither he nor any of the other former SMiSA board members are legally bound to say nothing, it's not like they are paid for the role so can't exactly be bound to an NDA of any sort.

I'm not saying there is no disagreement with Kibble. The running of any company anywhere will have some fundamental disagreements - some of which will lead to folk leaving but there appears to be a very small and particularly nasty element of our support who are just determined to see the club in the shitter at all costs and when you pull them on it, switch on the pouty face and be like 'Oh aye, I've supported the club for 35 years, why would I want that?'

Those folk can f**k off.

7 minutes ago, elvis said:

Never thought fan ownership would work from the start no one had a clue about running a football club then they let kibble in now I don't know much but from the outside looking in it looks like there running the show and if the story's going around are true not doing a very good job of it why so many people leaving there's got to be some truth in them I know of one person left being owed a substantial amount of money.

You’re either moaning about the shite team on the park or predicting us to get humped so now we are doing well you’ve turned your attention to kibble ffs. 

Since Kibble came in the stadium/training ground has been improved, crowds are up etc.

Where is the proof kibble are doing a bad job?

1 minute ago, SS77 said:

I don’t think he’s meaning they’ve left due to their support of SG, rather leaving because they don’t want involved with a guy who has already had his chance and doesn’t deserve another.

I could certainly envisage Graeme MacPherson not being enamoured by SGG's presence on the SMiSA board.

I don’t think he’s meaning they’ve left due to their support of SG, rather leaving because they don’t want involved with a guy who has already had his chance and doesn’t deserve another.

But surely by them resigning, that gives SG a greater chance of getting back on the board?

4 places being available rather than 1 or 2 makes the odds a lot better for him (unfortunately).

5 minutes ago, geo87 said:

But surely by them resigning, that gives SG a greater chance of getting back on the board?

4 places being available rather than 1 or 2 makes the odds a lot better for him (unfortunately).

I think no matter how the vote went Gilmour was going to end up involved somehow.

7 minutes ago, McG said:

You’re either moaning about the shite team on the park or predicting us to get humped so now we are doing well you’ve turned your attention to kibble ffs. 

Since Kibble came in the stadium/training ground has been improved, crowds are up etc.

Where is the proof kibble are doing a bad job?

If you read my post you will see I said that    IF    the story's going around are true then there not doing a very good job off it going by the story's I never once said I thought they were not doing a good job .

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Who? How much?

There's loads of this shite kicking about lately. None of it corroborated, none of it verified. All nudge nudge wink wink shite.

I see one of the folk who have left SMiSA board lately is journalist Graeme MacPherson who writes for the Herald and is a St. Mirren supporter. If there was any legitimate scandal, financial Armageddon approaching or wrongdoings, don't you think it wouldn't have come out in the wash to the press given he works for such a large publication? I mean neither he nor any of the other former SMiSA board members are legally bound to say nothing, it's not like they are paid for the role so can't exactly be bound to an NDA of any sort.

I'm not saying there is no disagreement with Kibble. The running of any company anywhere will have some fundamental disagreements - some of which will lead to folk leaving but there appears to be a very small and particularly nasty element of our support who are just determined to see the club in the shitter at all costs and when you pull them on it, switch on the pouty face and be like 'Oh aye, I've supported the club for 35 years, why would I want that?'

Those folk can f**k off.

Over £5000.

1 hour ago, McG said:

We’ve been moving forward as a club on and off the park since the old pals act left so let’s keep it that way.

Hopefully he sticks to playing golf and 5s with Alex Rae.

So as you are in the know you should be able to tell us if all the story's of impending doom are shite or not.

I think no matter how the vote went Gilmour was going to end up involved somehow.

Thanks for replying (genuinely) as I have zero idea at what’s going on. But 4 seemingly intelligent board members resigning in advance of an election due to the off chance of someone being voted on doesn’t feel right to me.

I’d be pretty disappointed to see him become involved. Chapsticks has summed it up - a lot of good for the most part, but ran out of ideas and soured the relationship. Argentine investors. Tommy Craig. Etc etc.

Clearly, BAWA populated with those with a SG leaning. Even Demented Zebra has talked stuff and said it came from a former board member…not difficult to see where the rumours are coming from.

A bizarre turn of events to say the least. 

My reading of Stuart's statement is that he was unhappy, in the first instance, that Gordon sold 27.5% of the club to Kibble. He now believes that Kibble's influence is negatively affecting the club's finances and operations to such an extent that a "difficult time" awaits us.

This is somewhat contradicted by our settled status in the Premiership, shrewd managerial appointments (the latest orchestrated by Kibble's Jim Gillespie, according to Mr Robinson), increased attendances, better-looking stadium and upgraded training ground, not to mention valuable community work. 

Do we need a saviour because a minority shareholder (specifically a charity who help underprivileged young people) are going to ruin our club or is this more about one man's ego and long-running personal animosities? I know what my money's on.

I do not want SGG anywhere near our football club to be honest. He's had his time and served us reasonably well (if you ignore the mammoth amount of shite decisions during his tenure) but we're better off in the hands of who's at the helm of the club right now.

His campaign for SMISA election is his first foot in the door of the club again. Next, he'll be the one nominated for a seat on the board and before you know it, it's Stewart Gilmour 2010 again.

If it's been Gilmour spreading these rumours of imminent financial collapse (bearing in mind they've been going for over 4 years now, yet never even hinted at in the national press)  just so he can get his foot back in the door then that's fucking dissapointing to say the least. His statement reads like the greatest hits of about 3 or 4 new posters who appeared on B&W army and only talk about the Kibble. Funnily enough those same posters only have good things to say about Gilmour.

17 minutes ago, Billy_Gunn said:

I do not want SGG anywhere near our football club to be honest. He's had his time and served us reasonably well (if you ignore the mammoth amount of shite decisions during his tenure) but we're better off in the hands of who's at the helm of the club right now.

No doubt about it.

Stuart's last 3 seasons as a Chairman of a football club were relegation from the Premiership, then 6th in the Championship twice. His old board left us with Alex Rae in charge and an average home attendance of 3500.

2 months after taking over, Gordon gave Rae the bullet and the trajectory has been steadily upwards since. Stuart alleges mismanagement of club funds but it was just over a year ago we were named the best run club financially in the UK: https://www.stmirren.com/club-news/4115-st-mirren-win-financial-performance-award-at-the-football-business-awards-2021

25 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

No doubt about it.

Stuart's last 3 seasons as a Chairman of a football club were relegation from the Premiership, then 6th in the Championship twice. His old board left us with Alex Rae in charge and an average home attendance of 3500.

2 months after taking over, Gordon gave Rae the bullet and the trajectory has been steadily upwards since. Stuart alleges mismanagement of club funds but it was just over a year ago we were named the best run club financially in the UK: https://www.stmirren.com/club-news/4115-st-mirren-win-financial-performance-award-at-the-football-business-awards-2021

Agree will all of that and would add that I feel we’re now at a modernised club, on par with Motherwell in terms of fan engagement / experience as well as being as connected with the town as much as I can ever remember. A level we should’ve been at a decade ago. Gilmour and his old mates couldn’t have given one f**k about the fans or how the club engaged with the town and it showed. The stadium feels like home now, it’s no longer a soulless concrete shitehole, we’ve got a decent team on the park, gates are up and the club and support feel like one body moving forward with the same ambition. A vote for Gilmour is a vote for the old times and it’ll be the old timers that vote for him.

Sadly, I think he’ll get in the door and It’ll be hugely detrimental to our club.

3 minutes ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Agree will all of that and would add that I feel we’re now at a modernised club, on par with Motherwell in terms of fan engagement / experience as well as being as connected with the town as much as I can ever remember. A level we should’ve been at a decade ago. Gilmour and his old mates couldn’t have given one f**k about the fans or how the club engaged with the town and it showed. The stadium feels like home now, it’s no longer a soulless concrete shitehole, we’ve got a decent team on the park, gates are up and the club and support feel like one body moving forward with the same ambition. A vote for Gilmour is a vote for the old times and it’ll be the old timers that vote for him.

Sadly, I think he’ll get in the door and It’ll be hugely detrimental to our club.

I'm old and I didn't vote for him. :P