The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

No one could possibly have seen that coming.

Info here for those interested: https://www.smisa.net/election

Absolute 'no' from me. For all the brilliant work that was done over the 18 year tenure, it ended with several sour notes and there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for us to go backwards.

His entire manifesto also appears to be 'I'm going to be there to annoy the Kibble element of the board'.

SMISA selection is interesting with SG wanting on board to see accounts and reduce Kibble share holding. From the outside as a fan things are going honky dory I don't have any problem with Kibble staff brought into the club including ball boys/girls.  Also don't mind a bit of expenditure as long as its controllable . Clearly expenditure is up you just have to look at the squad. If accounts are manageable that's fine with me. However if accounts are getting out of control then something will need to be done before we go to deep into the rabbit hole. Truth is we just have to wait and see.

32 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Popcorn out for the new SMiSA board candidates. Well, one of. 

We’ve been moving forward as a club on and off the park since the old pals act left so let’s keep it that way.

Hopefully he sticks to playing golf and 5s with Alex Rae.

SMISA have achieved so much since being formed, a wonderful effort in pulling together so many fans to enable the Supporters Buyout, in particular in the face of ‘investors’ from Argentina, Italy and U.S.A. 

Spoiler

Wait....wasn't it him and his BoD who were championing the Argentinian bid in particular?!

Now with the sands of time, they are being referred to as 'investors' complete with inverted commas.

Edit: Spoiler was a mistake, should have been a quote.

Edited by djchapsticks

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

With four places available though, he's almost certainly going to be one of those who are elected.

If he is selected my membership and a few others I know will be going straight in the bin.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wait....wasn't it him and his BoD who were championing the Argentinian bid in particular?!

Now with the sands of time, they are being referred to as 'investors' complete with inverted commas.

Edit: Spoiler was a mistake, should have been a quote.

I spotted that and admired the sheer brass neck of it.

1 minute ago, McG said:

If he is selected my membership and a few others I know will be going straight in the bin.

I don't have any hatred, or even dislike for SGG. Quite the contrary. 

However, the last 3 or so years with them as custodians of the club was not a wholly pleasant time. A seat on the SMiSA board is not a seat on the club board but it does open the door for that possibility in future and we should be looking forward at fresh faces, not wheeling out old ones.

It’s a massive no to Gilmour from me and hopefully most others.

That 2nd last paragraph in his statement stating we’re in a difficult time are very very similar to the posts from Glen, SuperSaints1877, Animal etc on bawarmy, happy to say we’re in a crisis but never showing any proof or giving sources.

Fingers crossed John White and the 2 younger lads get on with either Wullie or Kenny making up the other position.

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

That's a surprise. The statement is very much more focused on Kibble and finances of the club. 

If you have a look on black and white army, animal, glen and supersaints are all posting similar to Gilmour’s statement……..pals or Gilmour himself.

I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed it’s 1 of the younger guys that get the nod and keep us moving forward.

Never thought fan ownership would work from the start no one had a clue about running a football club then they let kibble in now I don't know much but from the outside looking in it looks like there running the show and if the story's going around are true not doing a very good job of it if they are true .why so many people leaving there's got to be some truth in them I know of one person left being owed a substantial amount of money.

Edited by elvis

The inevitable slow march led by who is now standing, I’d imagine. 

I don’t follow. Are you saying that 4 members of the board have resigned in (less than) as many months due to their support of SG…?

That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I don’t follow. Are you saying that 4 members of the board have resigned in (less than) as many months due to their support of SG…?

That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

I don’t think he’s meaning they’ve left due to their support of SG, rather leaving because they don’t want involved with a guy who has already had his chance and doesn’t deserve another.