The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

See SMiSA board application email has gone out today. I have been told in the past by a pal who is also a good mate of David Nicol that I should throw my name in as I would make a decent fist of it but the reality is that when it comes down tmatchdays, I'm usually far too far gone during the game to maintain any sense of composure and professionalism when representing the club. :lol:

You certainly are club positive so that's no bad thing I would give you my vote. Would love Div to be involved  Div is one smart cookie has his own business anyone self employed understands expenditure to spending basic business skills. Div has always said he does not want involved.  We need you mate so much rumours need put to bed .  Do it short time for us all. 

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only if theyre released before the transfer window ends, that's why you often see players released on deadline day.

He's signed for Airdrie and seems to be in the squad for today. Guessing we must have released him before the window shut but not announced it then? Weird.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

He's signed for Airdrie and seems to be in the squad for today. Guessing we must have released him before the window shut but not announced it then? Weird.

He wasn’t registered as a player this season, guessing that’s why he’s been able to register at another club.

1 hour ago, SS77 said:

He wasn’t registered as a player this season, guessing that’s why he’s been able to register at another club.

It's a bit of a weird one to not register your backup/3rd choice goalie or release them before the window and not announce it for a full month unless the understanding was that it wouldn't be made public knowledge until Lyness got something else sorted.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a bit of a weird one to not register your backup/3rd choice goalie or release them before the window and not announce it for a full month unless the understanding was that it wouldn't be made public knowledge until Lyness got something else sorted.

Maybe it's a reaction to Ayunga's save last weekend.

Has any other club got as abysmal a record as Saints at Ibrox?

In games v Rangers (1872) and (2012) Saints have only won 8 league games and 1 league cup tie...EVER! The last win was over 30 years ago.

Would be interesting to see a comparison with the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock, DU etc.

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

In games v Rangers (1872) and (2012) Saints have only won 8 league games and 1 league cup tie...EVER! The last win was over 30 years ago.

Would be interesting to see a comparison with the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock, DU etc.

Aye, a shite record. Never mind though, forget that, we’re surely all waiting on our former chairman to come back onto an open fan forum when he’s ready, to let rip with his findings on the current incumbents of the FeegieField boardroom.

Is our record at Parkhead much better? Before last year we hadn’t won there for over 30 years either.
But yeah the away old firm games I always write off as zero pointers. In Paisley it’s different, I always fancy us to get something, and we often do.

Just now, Lex said:

Is our record at Parkhead much better? Before last year we hadn’t won there for over 30 years either.
But yeah the away old firm games I always write off as zero pointers. In Paisley it’s different, I always fancy us to get something, and we often do.

Slightly...11 league wins and 1 LC win.

I did check earlier about Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc. their records at Ibrox are similarly poor with league victories barely breaking into double figures.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Slightly...11 league wins and 1 LC win.

I did check earlier about Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc. their records at Ibrox are similarly poor with league victories barely breaking into double figures.

We haven’t won in the league at ibrox (play off excluded) since 1997. At Fir park ( play off excluded) since 2002 ( I think)

On 06/10/2022 at 19:21, RussellV1 said:

I don’t think he can actually play for anyone else until the window opens in January 

If he hasn't played a game yet and is released, can't see where the issue lies signing for another club on a free. I think players released on a free during transfer window is to make them available when clubs are .oat actively looking to recruit.

Edited by smellthepaw

On 08/10/2022 at 17:48, Arch Stanton said:

Rangers had beaten St Mirren more times than any other club ever before they went bust.

St Mirren are at the top end of clubs that have spent a lot of time in the top flight but at the lower end of that group, which explains this record.

Sevco are a different club so not including them in this 

On 08/10/2022 at 17:48, Arch Stanton said:

Our record at Parkhead won’t be much better but at Ibrox it should be.

Off the top of my head I can remember 4 or 5 wins at Ibrox in the last 30 years. 

Think it’s 6 times in the last 30 years:

1993, 1998, 2000, 2007, 2012, 2018.

We’ve only beaten Celtic in Glasgow twice since 1955 I believe. In the 2012 League Cup final and I think the win at Celtic park was either 6 months before or 6 months after that cup final.

Edited by Sortmeout