The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Put one of the youth team keepers on the bench. We don’t need to be carrying three senior keepers, just a younger keeper to step up into the spot Urminsky occupied last season.

Indeed.

Thought it was a strange move not offloading him before the transfer window when it was obvious Urminsky was second choice keeper.

3 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Looks like we couldn’t afford to pay someone to tuck in everyone’s shirt.

#crisis

We don't have a butler to tuck in player's shirts?

A definite sign of financial problems IMO.:thumbsdown :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I think the decision was made after 2-4 Motherwell that Lyness wasn't good enough and wouldn't be playing for us again.

Maybe he's agreed to take x% of his remaining wage in the hope that a team appears and gives him a contract to 2024 or beyond. The benefit for us is bringing down the wage bill a little. Robinson said a couple of weeks ago he'd gone a "slight percent" over budget.

I reckon he'll get a team fairly quickly, being a free agent at this stage and being able to step in and play straight away. Any full time team in the Championship/League One that have any kind of keeper issues will be sniffing about.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I reckon he'll get a team fairly quickly, being a free agent at this stage and being able to step in and play straight away. Any full time team in the Championship/League One that have any kind of keeper issues will be sniffing about.

I don’t think he can actually play for anyone else until the window opens in January 

See SMiSA board application email has gone out today. I have been told in the past by a pal who is also a good mate of David Nicol that I should throw my name in as I would make a decent fist of it but the reality is that when it comes down to matchdays, I'm usually far too far gone during the game to maintain any sense of composure and professionalism when representing the club. :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

19 hours ago, GAD said:

17 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

I don’t think he can actually play for anyone else until the window opens in January 

He can only sign for a team whos transfer window is open, so somewhere abroad in other words, or down to Lowland League level.

Just now, CambieBud said:

Is this correct? I thought free agents could sign anytime?

Only if theyre released before the transfer window ends, that's why you often see players released on deadline day.

Spoke earlier with a Celtic supporting neighbour. First I've seen of him since the pumping we handing out to them. He admitted to trying to avoid me after the game.

The guy was raving about our performance.  He didn't think Celtic played particularly badly, more that we were excellent on the day. He reckons in terms of domestic football, the way we set up against them was the most effective he has witnessed since the start of last season.

On 02/10/2022 at 14:02, Buttocks Brown said:

Is it generally accepted then that "Glen" is our former Chairman?

Seems to have too much time on his hands.

Can assure you I am not Glen, no idea who he is, love to chat to him as he does appear to have very g”interesting information.

I am happy to post under my own name, not hiding.

Not a great deal of time on my hands but care about our club and its future.

Can assure you I am not Glen, no idea who he is, love to chat to him as he does appear to have very g”interesting information.
I am happy to post under my own name, not hiding.
Not a great deal of time on my hands but care about our club and its future.

How do you feel about the current set up at the club Stewart?

16 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Not really appropriate. 

There will be a time to ask the relevant questions, have a view and make comment, still a great deal of homework to be done first.

There will be a time to ask the relevant questions, have a view and make comment, still a great deal of homework to be done first.

Look forward to your post when the homework is done [emoji106]
PS what a season by Ferguslie [emoji7]

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

See SMiSA board application email has gone out today. I have been told in the past by a pal who is also a good mate of David Nicol that I should throw my name in as I would make a decent fist of it but the reality is that when it comes down to matchdays, I'm usually far too far gone during the game to maintain any sense of composure and professionalism when representing the club. :lol:

I can vouch for that bud :lol: