The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Pure laziness on my part but anyone know the last time we won a game after going down to 10 then being pegged back. I'm really struggling to think of an occasional in any division never mind the top one ???
We beat Livi 3-1 away in 2017 with Gary Irvine being sent off. Halket og and Reilly with 2.

The posts look like someone with an axe to grind so it wouldn't be a surprise if it's a former chairman, however there's a bit too much detail for me to just dismiss it as complete bollocks.

If academy staff - particularly someone like Ross Patterson - are being made redundant then that is a worry. So to is a die hard fan resigning as a director, even if Alan Wardrop did challenge someone to a fight in inflatable sumo costumes on Twitter.

Could well be bollocks considering other complaints in recent weeks have been the new security company being responsible for the dome being vandalised and using an architects from outwith Paisley for the plans for the executive boxes.

Edited by Stu

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

The posts look like someone with an axe to grind so it wouldn't be a surprise if it's a former chairman, however there's a bit too much detail for me to just dismiss it as complete bollocks.

If academy staff - particularly someone like Ross Patterson - are being made redundant then that is a worry. So to is a die hard fan resigning as a director, even if Alan Wardrop did challenge someone to a fight in inflatable sumo costumes on Twitter.

Could well be bollocks considering other complaints in recent weeks have been the new security company being responsible for the dome being vandalised and using an architects from outwith Paisley for the plans for the executive boxes.

Bare Bum Boxing it was. I would’ve paid handsomely to see it.

Does anyone know what, if anything, is going on behind the scenes at the club - particularly with the academy? I try to ignore the shit stirring on Black & White Army but some of the recent posts have a bit too much detail to just be someone on the wind-up.
A club director announcing his resignation in what is basically a pub seems pretty unprofessional if true. It boils my piss that the better things go on the park, the more this little cabal of shit stirrers try to provoke unrest. I can't start to comprehend what their motivation or aim is, baffling stuff !!!

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Gilmour or Scott?

The former.

The combination of St Mirren employee knowledge, huge chip on shoulder and MAGA-esque Kibble conspiracy theories: "They've stolen our club!" had me assuming it was SG.

I'm very rarely on B&WArmy though so I didn't know if that had been established.

I don't know anything about the backroom issues. I'm pretty sure we got told this a couple of years ago too and I don't remember anything coming of it.

That said I genuinely think there is a proportion of Saints fans who are happier when we are doing shite and they have stuff to moan about and when we do OK on the pitch other stuff appears to fill the void. 

57 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I don't know anything about the backroom issues. I'm pretty sure we got told this a couple of years ago too and I don't remember anything coming of it.

That said I genuinely think there is a proportion of Saints fans who are happier when we are doing shite and they have stuff to moan about and when we do OK on the pitch other stuff appears to fill the void. 

The figure I heard yesterday sent a,chill through me. We have a banker at the top of the board so I don't believe the figure.  It better not be true. Its shit what is going on as we are going through a period of great success.  Crowds are also up. At one point the stadium was rocking all three stands. It's what we want as fans. 

How much of a hero is Big Joe by the way?

Club captain dropped to the bench weeks ago. Others would have taken the huff.

Comes on yesterday and for the goal....

Fights tooth and nail in the air and on the deck to produce a kind of sclaffed toepoke which hits Greive who knocks it in. Joe then celebrates like a man possessed ending up in amongst the fans.

What a man!

How much of a hero is Big Joe by the way?
Club captain dropped to the bench weeks ago. Others would have taken the huff.
Comes on yesterday and for the goal....
Fights tooth and nail in the air and on the deck to produce a kind of sclaffed toepoke which hits Greive who knocks it in. Joe then celebrates like a man possessed ending up in amongst the fans.
What a man!
Thought it was great as soon as he could O'Hara gave him the armband too.

On 23/09/2022 at 15:38, djchapsticks said:

The first four minutes of this is just fucking GLORIOUS!!

Late to the party here, and as you say that is absolutely brilliant listening. The complete and utter arrogance of those fans is frightening. Sitting laughing away and predicting 8/9/10 nil score lines like Celtic are some team of superstars. No doubt they are a good team, but I can’t get my head round that mindset. What would be the point of supporting a team that you thought was going to turn up week after week and win by those margins. 

Also, is that an Australian guy doing a Celtic podcast :lol: I wonder when he started that. He’s managed to pick up the self entitled attitude that most Celtic fans have very quickly. I hope he was spewing while he watched Curtis Main holding the ball at the corner flag for the last 4 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Late to the party here, and as you say that is absolutely brilliant listening. The complete and utter arrogance of those fans is frightening. Sitting laughing away and predicting 8/9/10 nil score lines like Celtic are some team of superstars. No doubt they are a good team, but I can’t get my head round that mindset. What would be the point of supporting a team that you thought was going to turn up week after week and win by those margins. 

Also, is that an Australian guy doing a Celtic podcast :lol: I wonder when he started that. He’s managed to pick up the self entitled attitude that most Celtic fans have very quickly. I hope he was spewing while he watched Curtis Main holding the ball at the corner flag for the last 4 minutes. 

I bumped into the guy who runs the Celtic supporter bus on the ferry on Saturday.  Said Celtic should have won the game that Saints players kicked Celtic off the park. Knowing the crew I got a Lemon from them and gave it to the Celtic guy , what's that for to help keep your bitter taste going  : ) 

11 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I bumped into the guy who runs the Celtic supporter bus on the ferry on Saturday.  Said Celtic should have won the game that Saints players kicked Celtic off the park. Knowing the crew I got a Lemon from them and gave it to the Celtic guy , what's that for to help keep your bitter taste going  : ) 

I wish St Mirren kicked Celtic off the park. We bullied them and deservedly won, only the most idiotic of Celtic fans could think otherwise. To be fair any Celtic fan I spoke to after it said the same, but there’s always a few that can’t bring themselves to say it. 

Apologies if already asked - on Saturday there were a group of fans in the main stand towards the family stand end, all wearing red and white striped football shirts. I think one of them also had a flag, which I think I may have seen at some Celtic (2-0 GIRFUY) FC games. Kind of looks like a Union flag, but it’s red, white and green. I thought maybe they were over from the Irish club we have / had an arrangement with. Anyone any ideas?

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Apologies if already asked - on Saturday there were a group of fans in the main stand towards the family stand end, all wearing red and white striped football shirts. I think one of them also had a flag, which I think I may have seen at some Celtic (2-0 GIRFUY) FC games. Kind of looks like a Union flag, but it’s red, white and green. I thought maybe they were over from the Irish club we have / had an arrangement with. Anyone any ideas?

Athletic Bilbao fans. The flag you describe is the Basque flag.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Athletic Bilbao fans. The flag you describe is the Basque flag.

Ah. Now for my next question. Any idea what a bunch of complete and utter basques were doing at the dinkydome? Just here to see the mighty Mirren?