The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 25/09/2022 at 14:17, btb said:

I'd prefer not to hold the WC in Qatar - tainted money.

P1608 of this thread was a waste of time and if I'm that much out of step then I'd be more inclined just stop supporting football altogether. I've stopped watching English football, European football and any games on Sportscene not directly affecting St. Mirren it wouldn't take much more to cut out Saints too.

I’m not having a go at you here but it genuinely blows my mind that a football fan could just walk away from football altogether.

On 23/08/2022 at 10:37, Stu said:

Anyone here got any experience of holding or going to something like a birthday or wedding in the hospitality suites at the ground? A friend is trying to organise something and was asking if it was any good.

On 23/08/2022 at 11:38, Portmahomack Saint said:

Yes great venue and they can adjust the floor space to suit the size of your party with a partition and BillyG above is a great DJ if you require on 

Cheers for the help on this (thought someone else had posted too but can’t find it) - was asking at the time knowing we'd be arranging Dad's funeral sooner rather than later (which is why I skipped the DJ!). Had the reception bit at the stadium on Thursday and all went well. Would recommend it for anyone else looking to arrange a, hopefully happier, event.

Edited by Stu

On 18/09/2022 at 18:03, Buttocks Brown said:

Our best opening 7 matches in the top flight for 54 years (68/69 season).  If it had been 3 points for a win back then we'd have been on 13 points after 7 games. This season we're on 12.

We have now bettered our start to the 68/69 season: 15 points (compared to 14) from the first 8 games.

Be tough to keep matching them though as they went onto win matches 9, 10 and 11 that season!

Edited by Buttocks Brown

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Cheers for the help on this (thought someone else had posted too but can’t find it) - was asking at the time knowing we'd be arranging Dad's funeral sooner rather than later (which is why I skipped the DJ!). Had the reception bit at the stadium on Thursday and all went well. Would recommend it for anyone else looking to arrange a, hopefully happier, event.

Sorry for your loss Bud.

Does anyone know what, if anything, is going on behind the scenes at the club - particularly with the academy? I try to ignore the shit stirring on Black & White Army but some of the recent posts have a bit too much detail to just be someone on the wind-up.

The messenger popped his head up yesterday again. A story in the papers this week  ?  Player budget  out of control ? Are some of the ( stories ) the messenger told me yesterday with Stuart Gilmour extremely concerned about finances.  Fact or fiction time will tell. 

50 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

The messenger popped his head up yesterday again. A story in the papers this week  ?  Player budget  out of control ? Are some of the ( stories ) the messenger told me yesterday with Stuart Gilmour extremely concerned about finances.  Fact or fiction time will tell. 

Who or what is "The messenger"?

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Heard all this shite before.  How would SG have any knowledge of our finances any more?

16 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

We’re really going to be struggling for bodies next week.

No Brophy, Main or Tait. Strain limping off and Ayunga now suspended.

I think we’ll just have to settle for the draw.

Main will be back