The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Alan Stubbs should have received a lengthy jail term for signing that fucking clown Josh Heaton. Easily the worst excuse for a pro footballer I’ve ever had the misfortune to see. 

A bit harsh Glenburn Bud! We’ve had much worse!

13 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

You reckon ? In my 50 plus years of watching us, he’s without doubt the player with the worst attitude and the least talent I can remember.

I’ve seen some others like Jim Gardiner and the like, but not one had his appalling attitude and sheer lack of talent with a ball. 

19 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

The only worse centre half I've seen for us was the boy who showed up for a trial and got first 45 mins against Caley, shipped 3 goals in a 4-0 defeat, got hooked at half time and got Hendrie his jotters.

And he doesn't even come in worse than Heaton as at least the German trialist didn't cost us seventy-five fucking grand.

I remember watching Heaton play against Queens Park in a LC game at Hampden and their wee centre was taking the piss out of him. That's when I knew we had signed someone who wasn't even Second Division standard. Thought he would struggle in the P&D Amateur League.

To be fair to Heaton, the price tag was nothing to do with him. Young lad came up from English non league and wasn't good enough. It would be a pretty unremarkable story if we hadn't spent cash and crowed about what a coup it was.

He had a few daft posts on twitter if I remember correctly but I've no idea what his attitude was like in training.

We got sold a pup though, there was talk of English Championship and even Premiership clubs looking at him. Which must've been nonsense, we took the bait and threw a bit of cash to get him in. Naive on our part. Stubbs clearly didn't do enough research on the guy.

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The only worse centre half I've seen for us was the boy who showed up for a trial and got first 45 mins against Caley, shipped 3 goals in a 4-0 defeat, got hooked at half time and got Hendrie his jotters.

And he doesn't even come in worse than Heaton as at least the German trialist didn't cost us seventy-five fucking grand.

IIRC he was one of a pair of Austrians who played one game for us during Tom Hendrie's dog days...

Foreign Players | Stmirren.info

Klaus Dietrich (Marlene would've been better and she been dead over 10 years!) and Gerhard Fellner - the list is a bit of a mixed bag.

Edited by btb

35 minutes ago, btb said:

IIRC he was one of a pair of Austrians who played one game for us during Tom Hendrie's dog days...

Klaus Dietrich (Marlene would've been better and she been dead over 10 years!) and Gerhard Fellner - there's some right nightmares on this list.

Was it Dietrich that tried to overhead kick it on the halfway line, missed, letting the opposition in for a 1v1?

Haddy.

Heaton wasn’t helped by the pricetag, but didn’t show the attitude of Cooke to try and improve.

Always found it strange that we signed a few players from the Vardy Academy that Stubbs was involved in prior to joining us…

1 hour ago, btb said:

Klaus Dietrich (Marlene would've been better and she been dead over 10 years!) and Gerhard Fellner - the list is a bit of a mixed bag.

Fellner played a few games and in at least one of them looked OK. Think he also had history of playing here.

The other guy, I'm sure, said he was a student here but played professionally back home and we bought it and gave him a trial!

Also, I've never heard of the other Austrian,  Ivan Kristo in my life and I've a pretty decent memory when it comes to foreigners playing for us. I even remember Janne Makela playing 45 mins for us and FUBARing his knee and Hrenn Hringisson 

Edited by djchapsticks

On 11/09/2022 at 09:56, aldo_j said:

Was it Dietrich that tried to overhead kick it on the halfway line, missed, letting the opposition in for a 1v1?

Haddy.

Heaton wasn’t helped by the pricetag, but didn’t show the attitude of Cooke to try and improve.

Always found it strange that we signed a few players from the Vardy Academy that Stubbs was involved in prior to joining us…

....and that Darren Jackson was an agent.