The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Poor Simeon Jackson always gets forgotten. Came in same time as Hammil and Ferdinand, played more games than both, scored 6 goals (second top scorer!) including some important ones, but one shit penalty and it's all forgotten....

That was a proper cigars-out transfer window. Absolutely outstanding business and held onto basically everyone we'd want to, aside from probably Alnwick (though Carson is clearly more than decent).

Almost every incoming player is also a pler, with jury only out on Olysanya still. Seriously, while the dealings aren't as flashy as the historic summer of 2011, I cant remember a summer of such undiluted quality coming into the club.

I saw someone rating Callum Davidson's permanent transfers on the Fakes thread. There were six that were ranked as successes. Robinson has just brought in Carson, Gogic, Gallagher, Strain, Baccus, O'Hara and Ayunga. There's seven already. What a hit rate.

Such a shame we're ~£10m in debt and going bust imminently as this season was looking promising.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Happy with no outgoings. Squad looks decent.

Wonder if guys like Offord, Reid and Taylor will get lower league loan moves in next few days to give them much needed minutes.

Well that was quick!

Alloa is a good move for Offord and two steps above where he played and excelled last season. Four good months with them and we can take a look at where he is in January.

I get the feeling that if he hadn't suffered a broken toe, Olusanya may also have gone out to adapt to the rigours of the game up here.

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Well that was quick!

Alloa is a good move for Offord and two steps above where he played and excelled last season. Four good months with them and we can take a look at where he is in January.

I get the feeling that if he hadn't suffered a broken toe, Olusanya may also have gone out to adapt to the rigours of the game up here.

I reckon he should be placed in a field full of cow's arses armed with a banjo.

Robinson on his interview saying he was up till 1am last day of on to say the transfer window working on a deal that would have brought in a significant amount of money to the club. Robinson went on to say we will now have to wait till January.  Dylan Reid  ?  Erhahon  ? 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Robinson on his interview saying he was up till 1am last day of on to say the transfer window working on a deal that would have brought in a significant amount of money to the club. Robinson went on to say we will now have to wait till January.  Dylan Reid  ?  Erhahon  ? 

Both will be able to sign PCAs in January so neither will bring in a "significant amount of money".

So far this season we've played 6 games scored first in 3 and won them and conceded first and lost the other 3, I'll admit that this is maybe not as exceptional as it sounds because the course of a game is often settled by the first goal, but it is a continuation of a pattern set last season and during his dog days at Well @capt_oats - am I getting my knickers in a twist too soon or do we need to develop a Plan B for when we go behind?

Just for the record I'm reasonably satisfied with Robinson's record so far and think we'll be competitive amongst the Bottom6 teams but there little room for error for a team like Saints.

Edited by btb

Erahon played like a man who was up on the phone to his agent till 0100h.  

When he's played well, we've been good and generally won those games.  Was played a bit too deep yesterday, didn't get going and for that and a number of reasons, we were pish. 

Was my youngest's first away game yesterday. 'Their stadium is a bit rubbish, smells funny, isn't as good as ours'.

I think he'll be okay...  🥰

Edited by Doctor Sanchez

1 minute ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Erahon played like a man who was up on the phone to his agent till 0100h.  

When he's played well, we've been good and generally won those games.  Was played a bit too deep yesterday, didn't get going and for that and a number of reasons, we were pish. 

Was my youngest's first away game yesterday. 'Their stadium is a bit rubbish, smells funny, isn't as good as ours'.

You're talking manure.

With the exception of Celtic who look unbeatable at this level we can go into every game with a chance of points. There will be games like yesterday but it is how we bounce back. No other team will go on a run of games as every team can beat each other. 

Yesterday will prove to the team that we need to be on the ball from start to finish. 

Our midfield had its poorest game so far and our defence slept at key moments. 

Hearts game will be different as they will be good for out counter attacking tactics

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

With the exception of Celtic who look unbeatable at this level we can go into every game with a chance of points. There will be games like yesterday but it is how we bounce back. No other team will go on a run of games as every team can beat each other. 

Yesterday will prove to the team that we need to be on the ball from start to finish. 

Our midfield had its poorest game so far and our defence slept at key moments. 

Hearts game will be different as they will be good for out counter attacking tactics

3 out the next 4 against Hearts, Celtic and Rangers, along with Livi.

Tough run of games. 

On 04/09/2022 at 15:10, Doctor Sanchez said:

O, wad some Power the giftie gie us...