The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

54 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Kiltie is a bottom 6 player at best hence why I personally wouldn’t want him back and why I wasn’t, nor was anyone else, bothered in the slightest when he left the club. St Mirren fans were at the wind up at the time thinking they had taken one of our best players.

I want my club to aim higher than bottom 6 (not necessarily saying we’ll do that this season) and if St Mirren want to finally achieve the holy grail of a top 6 position they will need better players than Kiltie.

The above isn’t a dig at Kiltie really either, being a Premiership footballer definitely puts him in the top “insert number here” % of Scottish players. I would 100% swap lifes with him if I could for the chance to do what he does. 

Kiltie is a vastly superior player to who you currently have as the supposedly creative players. McKenzie? Polworth? Are you seriously suggesting Kiltie wouldnt be ahead of them? 

The only issue with him is his fitness, which would make it a bit of a gamble, but he's much better quality than what you have. Definitely an asset in your forthcoming relegation battle, if you sign him.

15 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Kiltie is a vastly superior player to who you currently have as the supposedly creative players. McKenzie? Polworth? Are you seriously suggesting Kiltie wouldnt be ahead of them? 

The only issue with him is his fitness, which would make it a bit of a gamble, but he's much better quality than what you have. Definitely an asset in your forthcoming relegation battle, if you sign him.

I am 100% saying I wouldn’t necessarily expect Kiltie to be in front of either of those two. He couldn’t get a game in the midfield before McKenzie when he was here the first time. 

Quietest window ever?

I'm sure we'll get mentioned with some out of contract players, and to be fair there's normally a few decent ones out there round about this time.

Otherwise, I'm interested to see what Robinson does about Shaughnessy. He has been our strongest player at times, some of that is down to ability, but equally some of it will be down to the consistent run in the team. If he's going to be in and out, then I'd worry he'll lose sharpness.

44 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Perfectly happy with that.

Definitely. We'll need to rotate players at some point anyway so Kiltie and Shaughnessy will get game time, no doubt about it.

42 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Cover in the left back area would have been good, but that aside, we seem to have a decent, balanced squad.

Depending how bad Tansers injury is. Could argue Tanser is Taits back up now 😄 whenever he is fit again.

Can't be that bad if we didn't get anyone in.

All that fuss for nothing then? Good. Hope and expect Shaughnessy and Kiltie to feature plenty this season, two cracking players and we’d have been mad to let either go.

I think the only way we will see a free agent coming in is if we are forced through injuries to do so.

Oran Kearney had one of the best outside transfer window moves that i can remember with the addition of Adam Hammill and Anton Ferdinand. At that point i didnt really fee we needed to add, though they did add quality.

1 hour ago, smellthepaw said:

I think the only way we will see a free agent coming in is if we are forced through injuries to do so.

Oran Kearney had one of the best outside transfer window moves that i can remember with the addition of Adam Hammill and Anton Ferdinand. At that point i didnt really fee we needed to add, though they did add quality.

You didn't feel we needed to add to the squad that Stubbs assembled?