The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, elvis said:

What we all know is we will dominate and get beat seems to be the way against them .

This about St Johnstone? We are unbeaten in our last four games against them and we've won the last two. 

14 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but well done Saints, - you've absolutely broken this guy.

There's been a few broken on twitter in last 48 hours.

It's been tremendous. This guy and the Rangers Da lad who somehow had us losing a million quid in revenue and 5-7 first team players from the playing budget by denying them a stand were my favourites.

The absolute irony of Rangers followers trying to offer advice on how we are going wrong with our finances surely can’t be lost on anybody except them and their whinging partners from the East End.

Perennial victims the pair of them. The seethe towards Saints these last few days has been utterly hilarious.

Get it right up the pair of them. 

Keep it up Saints….😂

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There's been a few broken on twitter in last 48 hours.

It's been tremendous. This guy and the Rangers Da lad who somehow had us losing a million quid in revenue and 5-7 first team players from the playing budget by denying them a stand were my favourites.

The rangers da and bear patter on Twitter is absolutely tragic.

Quite ironic, and pleasing, that their qualification for the champions league bumps up the UEFA money that the club will receive by £200K (to £600K). More than enough to make up for their welcome absence from the Fitzy family stand.:)

10 hours ago, Bairnschild said:

Wow!

I will put money on it that you explode into a rant response

Now, I must say I have enjoyed reading through the 'sensible' comments from the other posters on this forum.  You clearly have a very sensitive personality which requires 'ego driven acknowledgements of personal success'.  As no other fellow Saints Supporters appear to be offering this to you 'In any shape or form', you have taken it on yourself to say.  'I'm Right ; That's what I said ; I'm the best ; I'm never wrong'.  In other words, please someone recognise my existence.

^^^^^. The wheel is still spinning but the hamster is dead 

4 hours ago, meadowroadsaint said:

The seethe towards Saints these last few days has been utterly hilarious.

It's the sullen, sad-faced lament of 'Scottish football hates us so much they'll do anything to not have us in their grounds' that makes me laugh the most. 

I mean, yes? Has anyone in Scottish football ever denied this is anything but the case? I thought that 'no-one likes us, we don't care' was born from this sentiment.

It's as if they truly believe they are an absolute joy to have around and bring colour and vibrancy to our grounds - they can't understand why any supporter with half a functioning brain has no issue (rivalries aside) with Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc. fans being in the ground in large number on matchday, in fact actively welcome it (I'm looking forward to seeing the away end sold out with Hibs fans on Saturday) but want Rangers and Celtic as far away and few in numbers as possible.

17 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but well done Saints, - you've absolutely broken this guy.

Without trying to be too wanky about this (but probably failing), I think what's going on here is really revealing about the psychology of the Old Firm, on two key levels:

1) Their perception of the power that they feel their strength in numbers gives them.
2) The fact that they feel their sheer spending power gives them a hold over the rest of Scottish football.

What Saints have done undermines both of the above and you can see how much it has wounded their fragile pride. Firstly, you can't do whatever you want just because there's more of you and secondly we don't want your money.

The most affronted responses all have one or both of the above at heart. They're astounded that we would turn their money away, and/or they're annoyed because we are giving our own fans priority over them.

St Mirren have shat on two of the things that they enjoy most about being Old Firm fans and it's fantastic.

Not every club of our size is in a position to take this action (we barely are, tbf, hence the plea for contributions) but I really hope we can make it work, and I hope it shows other clubs that it can be done as well. As we see the financial disparity tip even further towards the cheeks (after last night's result), it's more important than ever to take action such as this where it's possible to do so.