The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I guess Robbo sees his preferred back three as Gogic Gallagher Dunne, with Fraser as back up?

Be a real shame if Big Joe leaves but I hope it's on good terms - i.e. you're a top pro, but you won't always be in the starting XI and we won't stand in your way if you want to move on etc. 

Just now, Lex said:

IMG_9600.jpg
Yeah think we might regret this one. Been a fantastic player and captain, would be very disappointed if he ends up at another Premiership club.

Still got a couple of seasons left in him, brilliant captain and my favourite player, this is a sore 1 that I’m not ready for. ☹️

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I really hope not. He'd improve all bottom six sides in the league aside and a couple of last season's higher finishers too.

If he goes, hopefully it's a move south.

I reckon he’ll be away down South.

8 minutes ago, ulysses said:

I guess Robbo sees his preferred back three as Gogic Gallagher Dunne, with Fraser as back up?

Be a real shame if Big Joe leaves but I hope it's on good terms - i.e. you're a top pro, but you won't always be in the starting XI and we won't stand in your way if you want to move on etc. 

I'm choosing to take it as a positive sign. If we're in a position to let go players of his ability and standing because there's just too much competition in the squad, then we are in a very good place.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm choosing to take it as a positive sign. If we're in a position to let go players of his ability and standing because there's just too much competition in the squad, then we are in a very good place.

Me too.

If this has had happened last year it would’ve been a total disaster but we look to be in a better place than back then.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Can't imagine he'd be of the right level for a team with top-six aspirations, tbh.

Correct. 

Seriously though,  i'm sure McInnes tried to keep him when he left us and then re-sign him for Southend and both times it was a lack of assurances on game time that meant hr wouldn't come.  Jim's just signed a first choice pairing,  so i can't see it happening even if we ask.  He would be way,  way better back up than Bates though. 

Edited by coprolite
From Southend not For Southend.

IbroxForever

Rangers should call there bluff and refuse any away tickets.
They REALLY, REALLY can't grasp this can they. It would be a tremendous day if they actually did this but if I had a pound for every Orc boycott I have heard proposed (none of which ever happened) then I could probably build a new tier for them.....facing towards Greenock ideally.

Been a great player for us, and I'm not that convinced that Gallacher is better. It's certainly a bold decision but I guess that's what managers do. He's still under contract and will be worth a few bob.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Been a great player for us, and I'm not that convinced that Gallacher is better. It's certainly a bold decision but I guess that's what managers do. He's still under contract and will be worth a few bob.

Club have said due to Joe being a good servant they would not stand in his way. I take that as no transfer fee .  If that's the case Joe should get a decent pay day with a sign on fee. 

34 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Joe has been brilliant for us. Gutted if he leaves.

Joe was great for us. He also played his part when we won the cup double and finished top six. Gave away goal on last day pre split that saw us leapfrog St Mirren. Failed to intercept for Kane’s opening goal in semi final. Maybe committed the foul for Middleton’s free kick? Above all, he is very decent person is big Joe. Hope he does well wherever he goes.

Think I read in the summer that Joe had got his Maths degree so he clearly has got an eye on the future. He won't be wanting to be a squad player so no surprise it looks like a change is in the works.

Solid big lad, best of luck. 

34 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, Lola montez said:

IbroxForever

Rangers should call there bluff and refuse any away tickets.

They REALLY, REALLY can't grasp this can they. It would be a tremendous day if they actually did this but if I had a pound for every Orc boycott I have heard proposed (none of which ever happened) then I could probably build a new tier for them.....facing towards Greenock ideally.

TBF there was orc boycott on share issues and rescuing the now dead club that did come to pass