The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Took until the second sentence of that article before there was an inaccuracy- "Followers of the Parkhead and Ibrox teams traditionally took up two stands when they played games at the SMiSA Stadium in the past"

They got two stands for about 3 seasons out of the 12 we've been there.

9 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

They need us. 

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg.84941ae9b178a7b5fe7bcf9fbbd96f4f.jpeg

Exactly what @Captain Saintsible said: Celtic had no ground to play in and needed us. Shame you took liberties with that signage; fortunately it was taken down sharply. I'd like to think we wouldn't be so quick to come to Celtic's aid in the future.

Anyone here got any experience of holding or going to something like a birthday or wedding in the hospitality suites at the ground? A friend is trying to organise something and was asking if it was any good.

No idea if it's related to Shaughnessey leaving/being benched but I did find it odd Robinson mentioned, at least three times, about there being no egos during his post-match interview on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Shaughnessy leaving?! 

Wait, no. That wasn't in the plan.

I speculated about that last week , it was reported that the next player to leave "would split the support" , then he was dropped on Saturday and SR said that Gogic was a top defender in a back three. 

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Shaughnessy leaving?! 

Wait, no. That wasn't in the plan.

It's certainly disappointing as he's been a great servant for us. But Gallagher has been great, Dunne looks solid now, and Gogic is Gogic. I guess Big Joe is too senior a player to be playing back-up. He could easily get another top flight gig, IMO. Could see him at someone like Killie or Livi, maybe.

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

I speculated about that last week , it was reported that the next player to leave "would split the support" , then he was dropped on Saturday and SR said that Gogic was a top defender in a back three. 

I'll be honest, I assumed that Fraser would have been the defender making way if any. I don't like the idea of shedding a centre half though if we're going 3 at the back every week. That only leaves us with 4 in the squad but I do understand that something has to give and as our captain, Joe is probably one of the higher earners.

56 minutes ago, Stu said:

Anyone here got any experience of holding or going to something like a birthday or wedding in the hospitality suites at the ground? A friend is trying to organise something and was asking if it was any good.

Yes great venue and they can adjust the floor space to suit the size of your party with a partition and BillyG above is a great DJ if you require on 

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Could see him at someone like Killie or Livi, maybe.

I really hope not. He'd improve all bottom six sides in the league aside and a couple of last season's higher finishers too.

If he goes, hopefully it's a move south.

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I really hope not. He'd improve all bottom six sides in the league aside and a couple of last season's higher finishers too.

If he goes, hopefully it's a move south.

Presumably a nominal fee thrown in as well, unless we're just letting him go on a free to save coin.