The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

13 minutes ago, Drooper said:

What fresh hell is this?!

It seems hard for the Rangers & Celtic fans to grasp that our club wants to look after it’s own fan base and then, have the cheek to explain that they have done so in an effort to look after our own family stand season ticket holders, and perhaps help to grow our own fan base with the buy a buddie season ticket scheme.

28 minutes ago, Drooper said:

What fresh hell is this?!

I’ve been out all day and thought we’d been active in the transfer market, signing four new unknown Aussies, giving CK a headache as he tries to find cases of Victoria Bitter and Tooheys Red for corporate on Saturday. I half expected our team to include - Episcopalian, Jacobite, Baccus, Anglican, Strain, and Greive as a rogue Kiwi in the stripes.

Sadly not it seems.

Edited by pozbaird

39 minutes ago, G51 said:

Literally the only way you could read that into what I said is if you’re stupid enough not to know that Protestants formed part of the Jacobite movement.

Unless you consider Anglicans or Episcopalians to be Catholic. 

You'll note I said religious, not a particular branch of it.

The comment was tongue in cheek, but your answer is ripe for taking apart. To the relief of many, I'll not bother this time.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Literally the only way you could read that into what I said is if you’re stupid enough not to know that Protestants formed part of the Jacobite movement.

f**k off with your chat about religion. You have your own threads, your own sites and your own areas to pollute. 

Bore the f**k off.   

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

It's FF so I mean it's pretty much dredging the bottom tier of intelligence there.

Rangers Fans: "We don't care about anyone else..."

Also Rangers Fans: "Look at what they are doing!"

1 hour ago, G51 said:

We really don't give a f**k though 

Correct. But more than likely, those that made the most noise about giving tickets to us and them won't back this up by paying more money into their club.
It's sadly a classic Scottish Football fan trait.

'I want somebody to do something. Now! OK we can but these are the consequences and the Financial implications. That is why we are in this situation.
Ah well, eh. Just do something cos I'm shouting on the Internet but really don't understand how a business runs or how it needs to balance It's books'

Genuine quote from one of the blue brethren on the open sewer that is follow follow.  I mean seriously... where do you even feckin' start?

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Have always enjoyed seeing the goals on Twitter from non-Sportscene angles but these wee videos we've started putting out are even better. Great work from the social media guy. James I think?

Top man, Jimbo 👍

The lack of self-awareness from the Old Firm fans is both surprising and unsurprising at the same time. Not one of them seems to be wondering why we'd go from halving the number of seats they get while asking our own fans to make up the difference rather than just accepting their money as usual. Yup, we're the mad ones.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

You'll note I said religious, not a particular branch of it.

The comment was tongue in cheek, but your answer is ripe for taking apart. To the relief of many, I'll not bother this time.

oh thank god, I’m not being subjected to the rigorous intellect of Ric. 

I think it’s a disgrace that St Mirren are cutting down the Old Firm allocation to 1 stand.

We should be cutting it to zero stands.

Indeed, all the non Old Firm clubs should be resigning and start a new league without the OF

Non OF fans need to boycott all games against the OF. Indeed, boycott all games until we get rid of the OF

If clubs started playing in empty stadiums then clubs would need to act.

We don’t need to the OF. They need us. Let’s get rid of them 

Edited by Captain Saintsible