The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Rather than make a £30 donation to offset having less away fans, why not put it in a fund to pay for kids/low income people to see the game for free/reduced price. 

Assuming my eyes were able to read the blurry print on that tweet right.

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m a bit confused here 

Is to buy a seat to keep it empty or will the ticket be donated to home fans who might want to come but perhaps couldn’t afford the cost?

Fans are buying extra tickets to be donated to groups that cannot afford to attend. The last home game tickets were donated to the Paisley Disability Resource Centre.

Edited by NorthBank

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rather than make a £30 donation to offset having less away fans, why not put it in a fund to pay for kids/low income people to see the game for free/reduced price. 

We already do that as well. What a great club and set of fans. 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Ah right. That makes much more sense 

We are making a big effort to try and increase the fan base as well as help those that cannot afford to regularly attend. The Club give away free tickets to youth clubs. The Supporter's Association (SMISA) buy a batch of season tickets that are handed around to different groups for each home game. And individual fans can donate to buy a ticket for a Buddie that cannot afford it.

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

We do both.

We're a fucking tremendous bunch.

Aptly summed up in this short thread.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

That tweet read as if it may have been to keep a seat empty, kudos.

The only way we can grow our own fanbase is by trying new initiatives and currently, giving half of our stadium away 3 games a season is going to strangle that.

If we can pull an extra 250-300 new season ticket holders in, it will fully negate (at least) the money from giving 2 stands to Rangers and Celtic. That's certainly an achievable number what with the initiatives of giving tickets to schools, those less fortunate than being able to afford every week or locals who may only have recently arrived in the country and are at a loose end or maybe aren't quite aware of the club. 

55 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I can obviously understand supporting your team financially but buying a FTOF T-shirt 

image.gif.353516253a1d7d8d59ee82b7bacebdd0.gif

..because OF fans are notoriously magnanimous about the opposition support. :rolleyes:

Lest I suggest that some of your fan base go around in shirts glorifying terrorism, while the other half of the cheek will espouse the death of a prominent religious figure. If we are talking all round "that's a bit out of order", I feel a FTOF shirt ranks as pretty tame.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

..because OF fans are notoriously magnanimous about the opposition support. :rolleyes:

Lest I suggest that some of your fan base go around in shirts glorifying terrorism, while the other half of the cheek will espouse the death of a prominent religious figure. If we are talking all round "that's a bit out of order", I feel a FTOF shirt ranks as pretty tame.

But apart from that walking about in a T-shirt that says “FTOF” is very cringe 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

But apart from that walking about in a T-shirt that says “FTOF” is very cringe 

I'll be honest, I have about 3 t-shirts with any actual design on them, the rest are plain, and I don't own a football strip, so I'm probably the wrong target audience for that question.

Do I think it's cringe? I find people who wear brands cringe, so.... you know, I've got a low bar here.

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

It's great when the mask slips and Old Firm supporters show that, despite their entire personality consisting of a constant "I fucking hate ra Sellick/Ranjurs btw" mantra, they actually have a shared common interest of keeping their feet firmly on the necks of the diddy clubs, and that any attempt to level the playing field is met with collective outcry.

I simply will not rest until the spirit of the diddies is crushed. Truly, they are modern day Jacobites.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

* sigh *

Always a religious angle, eh?

Literally the only way you could read that into what I said is if you’re stupid enough not to know that Protestants formed part of the Jacobite movement.

Unless you consider Anglicans or Episcopalians to be Catholic.