The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

The tears and snotters in the replies to that tweet from various backwater dwelling bumpkins from all over Scotland who would never have been anywhere near the game are beautiful to see. Making OF fans seethe over your very existence is one of the good things about being a diddy fan.

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Saints are still allowing away fans, not sure what the issue is. Not the fault of Saints that Rangers/Celtic fans have no chance in their ballot. Non-story. 1400 too many even with this reduced allocation. 

I'll not be happy until OF fans are awarded the bare minimum of tickets and allocated seats behind pillars. After all, that seems to be acceptable for them to do to other away supports.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'll not be happy until OF fans are awarded the bare minimum of tickets and allocated seats behind pillars. After all, that seems to be acceptable for them to do to other away supports.

We should also be allowed to pelt them with pies to complete the experience.

51 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Says Nicky, from Port Glasgow. 5 minutes from Morton and would also pass our ground long before reaching Celtic Park. Don’t moan about solutions to the problem when you ARE the problem

49 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think you are missing the point here, rather than laughing at people donating to make sure the OF do not swamp our grounds with their own brand of religious intolerance and lack of rule adherence, perhaps the focus should be on the fans of the OF and why they have become so toxic that people are literally willing to pay just to keep them away.

A classic to add to the “Why won’t you fucking p***ks support my team instead” collection

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

A classic to add to the “Why won’t you fucking p***ks support my team instead” collection

Incorrectly added in my case, I don't care which team you support. Not addressing the point I raised is perhaps telling though...

I don't see the problem anyway, Rangers and Celtic get literally the same away allocation as every other team in the league.

They go on about wanting Scottish football to improve and over time, have a level playing field so that's what has now happened. We've redressed the injustice of them getting far too many away tickets at a game and brought them back into line with all the other clubs.

I'm not quite sure why this has generated seethe. Empty seats should be none of their concern. 

17 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It's great when the mask slips and Old Firm supporters show that, despite their entire personality consisting of a constant "I fucking hate ra Sellick/Ranjurs btw" mantra, they actually have a shared common interest of keeping their feet firmly on the necks of the diddy clubs, and that any attempt to level the playing field is met with collective outcry.

Yeah and rangers have the additional embarrassment of having all us "diddy" clubs pointing and laughing and them dying. No matter what they win, they'll always be a tribute act.

I don't really see the issue. St Mirren fans get the family stand, away fans get the away stand.

Our last home game had 4,414 home fans, which pretty much is the capacity of main and west stand if every seat is filled, so we're not far off needing the 3rd stand for home support anyway if we want to grow the support. 

Of course some home fans won't bother coming to an OF game (it's on TV, times are Sunday/or Midday Saturday, more likely to get beaten and there is needless aggro/atmosphere) but the point stands that in most games we use enough of all 3 stands.

The need to moving families to accommodate more away fans from a customer point of view isn't great and I understand why this was reversed with fans willing to front up the cost of it. After all we're fan owned. 

16 minutes ago, AW saint said:

We get the most obscure seating when we go to the Old Firm. 

Feck them if we could I would ban them altogether 

I'd like he club to erect some really thick netting in front of the North Stand to restrict their view.

Only to be used in matches v the bigot brothers.