The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

15 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Sad to hear Jim Goodwin on Radio Scotland yesterday saying being the manager of Aberdeen was his “dream job”. I don’t blame him for moving for a huge pay rise but his St Mirren Legend status can be binned now. 

I heard that, but isn't it in reference to him saying coming in and rebuilding a squad with a ton of money was the "dream job"? Could be wrong, but I thought that when I was listening to that interview.

For me, being overly gushing about his current employment doesn't diminish the status he had with us.

Sad to hear Jim Goodwin on Radio Scotland yesterday saying being the manager of Aberdeen was his “dream job”. I don’t blame him for moving for a huge pay rise but his St Mirren Legend status can be binned now. 

Ffs [emoji2356]

31 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

He also said that given the cost of living crisis going on at the moment he felt lucky to be doing the job he loves, when folk are struggling. 

Was he not heavily involved with all the St Mirren in the community work when he was here. I can recall him out doing deliveries of food parcels to folk in need in these hard times.

He also knows what it’s like to part of the real world doing a hard days graft for not much money.

I think he’s more feeling privileged to be doing a job he loves for a decent wedge.

50 minutes ago, McG said:

Mark O’hara looks like a brilliant signing, he was superb yesterday. Never stops running and can play a bit as well. 

Gogic to arrive tomorrow too, good times.

I always revert back to Steven Thomson (the ex-Falkirk one) when I talk about midfielders who can do the whole 'box-to-box' thing and make it look good. He remains one of my absolute favourite St. Mirren players of the last 15 years.

We've never really had someone like that since Thomson but O'Hara definitely looks like he's going to be that sort of player. Yesterday was a definite captain's performance where he was happy to do a lot of the digging in and yet every time he ran at the Utd midfield they actually looked panicked. He was unlucky not to get his goal as well, he pulled off two good stops from their keeper, one in each half. He's definitely got 5 or 6 goals a season in his locker.

Midfield has all of a sudden gone from a problem area to a real dilemma where we wonder who is going to play and who is going to miss out. Robinson mentioned post match as well that they players understand that the squad isn't massive but has strength in depth so will habitually rotate bodies to ensure that others stay fresh.

54 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I always revert back to Steven Thomson (the ex-Falkirk one) when I talk about midfielders who can do the whole 'box-to-box' thing and make it look good. He remains one of my absolute favourite St. Mirren players of the last 15 years.

We've never really had someone like that since Thomson but O'Hara definitely looks like he's going to be that sort of player. Yesterday was a definite captain's performance where he was happy to do a lot of the digging in and yet every time he ran at the Utd midfield they actually looked panicked. He was unlucky not to get his goal as well, he pulled off two good stops from their keeper, one in each half. He's definitely got 5 or 6 goals a season in his locker.

Midfield has all of a sudden gone from a problem area to a real dilemma where we wonder who is going to play and who is going to miss out. Robinson mentioned post match as well that they players understand that the squad isn't massive but has strength in depth so will habitually rotate bodies to ensure that others stay fresh.

How’s the backflips going mate? 😂

Just now, G51 said:

I know, that’s what makes it even funnier

I think you are missing the point here, rather than laughing at people donating to make sure the OF do not swamp our grounds with their own brand of religious intolerance and lack of rule adherence, perhaps the focus should be on the fans of the OF and why they have become so toxic that people are literally willing to pay just to keep them away.