The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, Stan Bo said:

Find it amazing anyone that watched Gogic last year thinks he’s an average midfielder. Also offers a bit of cover at CH if needed but for me he will be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

7 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Recently I am completely out of step with the majority of saints fans. Who would you drop from midfield to fit him in ? I think Ethan has started the season brilliantly and Keana is a real find. 

Would you drop Main and go back to 1 up top ? 

I just don't get it. He's just an average midfield player. Suppose last year he was playing alongside Power so that makes him look better I suppose.

I see him as a squad player, don't get all the excitement. 

(Yes I am a miserable b*****d)

He is a Abba,  Murray midfield enforcea also good taking the ball forward  to our forwards. 

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

So who's on the way out then? 

Brophy? Erhahon? Henderson?

Robinson has just got Brophy back to full fitness and said he has never been fit since he got here.

Robinson rates him, he won’t be going anywhere.

Just now, McG said:

Robinson has just got Brophy back to full fitness and said he has never been fit since he got here.

Robinson rates him, he won’t be going anywhere.

Good, glad to hear it.

Still we now have Gogic, Erhahon, Baccus, O'Hara, Kiltie and Henderson all vying for midfield slots.

6 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

It’s no secret that Ethan wants a move, it could well happen now that he finally appears to be screwing the nut and working harder at his game. 
Maybe there’s interest and that’s why we’ve managed to get big Gogic back.

Ethan going would be a real shame. I'm one of those who have always went to bat for him as there is a player in there and it's great that it's finally coming through consistently.

If you told me though that Ethan would go now for money (considering he's leaving in the Summer for a development fee anyway - it's no secret that he wants to challenge himself elsewhere) and Gogic on a 2 year deal would replace him, I'd have been delighted with that. We'd be getting money for a very good player we'd need to replace in the summer and also replacing him in one fell swoop.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Good, glad to hear it.

Still we now have Gogic, Erhahon, Baccus, O'Hara, Kiltie and Henderson all vying for midfield slots.

Don't forget Flynn and Reid, we are certainly well stocked in that area of the pitch, seven or eight players for three positions. 

It seems like Gogic needs to sack his agent, he obviously never signed our deal earlier on because he thought he was going to get a better one. He hasn't so he took our offer late August and lost three months pay in the meantime.  I assume he hasn't kicked a ball since our 0-0 at Pittodrie over three months ago, so he will be a good bit away from match fitness. Despite this, definitely happy with the signing as he was cracking bit of business in January and i'm sure he will be again. 

I think Ethan has been a changed player under Robbo. He looks a different player. All that aside O'Hara is a better fit and if Ethan was to leave I would not die in a ditch over it. 

I would however not like to lose anyone from Midfield. 

16 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I think Ethan has been a changed player under Robbo. He looks a different player. All that aside O'Hara is a better fit and if Ethan was to leave I would not die in a ditch over it. 

I would however not like to lose anyone from Midfield. 

Robinson says in the press conference yesterday that he views Gogic as a centre half who can play centre mid.

Perhaps meaning we won't be losing a midfielder but maybe Marcus Fraser?

image.png.2e40d70d5ee42ebff24a4ed8a4582e09.png

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Don't forget Flynn and Reid, we are certainly well stocked in that area of the pitch, seven or eight players for three positions. 

It seems like Gogic needs to sack his agent, he obviously never signed our deal earlier on because he thought he was going to get a better one. He hasn't so he took our offer late August and lost three months pay in the meantime.  I assume he hasn't kicked a ball since our 0-0 at Pittodrie over three months ago, so he will be a good bit away from match fitness. Despite this, definitely happy with the signing as he was cracking bit of business in January and i'm sure he will be again. 

I thought players were paid to the end of June and Gogic played games for Cyprus after the season ended. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Perhaps meaning we won't be losing a midfielder but maybe Marcus Fraser?

That was my first thought when Robinson mentioned Gogic as a potential centre-half. 

Don't think the manager is all that keen on Marcus: I remember he went from a regular starter to sub almost immediately after SR took over and he's started this season on the bench. Tait (or Henderson at a stretch) can cover Strain and Gogic can cover centre-half.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see MF go somewhere like Partick Thistle on loan until the end of the season. 

21 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

That was my first thought when Robinson mentioned Gogic as a potential centre-half. 

Don't think the manager is all that keen on Marcus: I remember he went from a regular starter to sub almost immediately after SR took over and he's started this season on the bench. Tait (or Henderson at a stretch) can cover Strain and Gogic can cover centre-half.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see MF go somewhere like Partick Thistle on loan until the end of the season. 

Yes, likely that Fraser will be the odd one out.

Had a strong first season, but tailed off last season particularly around Christmas time. That coincided with Robinson arriving, so will be judged on that. Can see him at Dundee or maybe L2 down sarf.